Top 6A takes on top DivII-AA when Oakland Host Lipscomb Academy

Blaze45

2 minutes ago, Haydiboy said:

Same don't know much about  mid Tennessee  football but do know that Oakland is an unstoppable force across the state im afraid they may he to much for Maryville to handle this year as well but only time  can tell

Oakland lost almost nobody on last years team except the QB, but have replaced him with a better version. I don't know if Maryville's is as good as they were last year but I know Oakland has not lost a thing,,,, in fact I think they are better. 

31 minutes ago, Haydiboy said:

Oakland routes them by half time 

Oakland may win…but they will not route Lipscomb…too much speed.  Wouldn’t be surprised if they do to LA what CPA has done to them the last few years…just grind them down.  But…I don’t think they will score quickly which should prevent a route.  I can’t wait…should be a great game!

Edited by TTate

On D they are not huge but they are fast. Multiple studs on that side of the ball. You can’t scheme for each one of them. The whole D flocks to the ball better than any team I’ve seen. A different guy will bust up the play each time. They are disciplined and just flat out get after it. Like has been said they return most on O. Excellent RB who glides and some great WR’s. The QB I think is an improvement from last year even though they are just going to pound you. A big solid kid and I think he’s just a junior. Haven’t seen Maryville this year so I don’t know how they compare but we’ll see first hand this year for sure.