Top 6A takes on top DivII-AA when Oakland Host Lipscomb Academy

Blaze45

7 hours ago, ChuckDSanAntonio said:

Sounds very impressive.  Does anyone have the height and weight of their starting lines?  Sounds like they have a bunch of 6'4" 280+ guys.  That would be hard for any high school team to stop.

I honestly have not idea about their actually heights and weights, but they sure do pass the eye test, very fast athletic kids for their size...

2 hours ago, JRB said:

Is LA significantly better than last year?

Yes…significantly

The problem I see with this matchup as well as matching up with CPA is both offenses (Oakland and CPA) are “easy” to execute and low risk.  I don’t say that critical at all…it shows how good ingle and kreasy are.  They do what they do and dare you to stop it.  If LA plays well, they will score a bunch…but it’s a complex offense to execute well.  If we don’t play well (dropped passes, ints) we lose both and maybe big.  But so far, execution has been pretty flawless…albeit against not very good defenses.

On the flip side, defense is fast and physical.  I would surprised if we give up more than 21 against anyone…unless of course the offense struggles.

But…I’m just a dad and fan…what do I know :)???

9 minutes ago, TTate said:

Yes…significantly

The problem I see with this matchup as well as matching up with CPA is both offenses (Oakland and CPA) are “easy” to execute and low risk.  I don’t say that critical at all…it shows how good ingle and kreasy are.  They do what they do and dare you to stop it.  If LA plays well, they will score a bunch…but it’s a complex offense to execute well.  If we don’t play well (dropped passes, ints) we lose both and maybe big.  But so far, execution has been pretty flawless…albeit against not very good defenses.

On the flip side, defense is fast and physical.  I would surprised if we give up more than 21 against anyone…unless of course the offense struggles.

I saw LA play Pope last year and it must have been one of those games that lacked "execution" (Poor execution by both teams IMO).  Last year's LA's team seemed suspect to a more physical team.

8 minutes ago, JRB said:

I saw LA play Pope last year and it must have been one of those games that lacked "execution" (Poor execution by both teams IMO).  Last year's LA's team seemed suspect to a more physical team.

Agree…that was one of those games…plus we didn’t have Broome until game 3….he makes a big difference 

26 minutes ago, TTate said:

Yes…significantly

My biggest concern for LA is the Oakland defense, probably the best in the state imo, the LA offense can be tip top execution wise, but when the QB is pressured to an extreme degree, all the execution goes out the window. Then with their power run game, it goes hand in hand with their style of play. Their goal is pretty much to beat you up with their physicality and athletism which is both something they have a lot of...

4 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

My biggest concern for LA is the Oakland defense, probably the best in the state imo, the LA offense can be tip top execution wise, but when the QB is pressured to an extreme degree, all the execution goes out the window. Then with their power run game, it goes hand in hand with their style of play. Their goal is pretty much to beat you up with their physicality and athletism which is both something they have a lot of...

That’s my biggest concern as well…

hopefully from our side, you all will be surprised by our physicality and athleticism as well.  If we match up well with you guys, then great game.  If not, uh oh.

I stand by my prediction…it will be a great game.

8 minutes ago, TTate said:

That’s my biggest concern as well…

hopefully from our side, you all will be surprised by our physicality and athleticism as well.  If we match up well with you guys, then great game.  If not, uh oh.

I stand by my prediction…it will be a great game.

I would rather it be a good game tbh, we shall see...

• Like 1

On 9/12/2021 at 6:50 PM, Blaze45 said:

Oakland lost almost nobody on last years team except the QB, but have replaced him with a better version. I don't know if Maryville's is as good as they were last year but I know Oakland has not lost a thing,,,, in fact I think they are better. 

I have to disagree with this post. Their qb this year is not nearly as good as last year