Top 6A takes on top DivII-AA when Oakland Host Lipscomb Academy

Blaze45

7 hours ago, FilmCzar said:

Serious question, Rebel. What's predicted score of the Maryville v Oakland semi game? At Renfro this year, no??

Don't want to put the cart before the horse.  If Oakland and Maryville meet it would be at Maryville.  Maryville is much better on offense this year. Defense is more physical.  Oakland is great team. 

On 9/28/2021 at 8:29 AM, Blaze45 said:

I love how you have surmised what I think, or should of your Mustangs/ Oakland, Even as incorrect as you are , still funny to read, so I'll clear the air for you. I don't particularly like Oakland or Creasy, but I respect them . Am I impressed with their national ranking? Yes and when Lipscomb is in the top 25 you should be too, but right now they are not.  And yep I expect we will get our clock cleaned this week by them 

Did I call for a Blowout? I don't think so, but I did say they would win, and albeit by 1 or 1000000, its still a "W" in the column for Oakland and an "L" for Lipscomb. There is no almost lost or almost won columns

Finally I will call it like I see it. You felt it necessary to throw me in the mix for your little rant, so jump up and down, stomp, cry , say it was closer than people thought, blah blah blah... at the end of the day All the money in the world at Lipscomb didn't buy you the talent to beat a public school. Proving what has been said for years. There is no substitution for grit, hard work and determination..... not even money. 

Yeah I think the quote was “win by several by half or end of the game”.  i think that’s different that by 1.  It wasn’t a rant just stating facts.  BTW, you may or may not be aware but all that hard work and grit is summed up nicely in this article.  https://www.dnj.com/story/sports/high-school/2020/08/11/oakland-football-probation-recruiting-tssaa/3349912001/

Funny stuff!  

11 minutes ago, LetsGoToWork said:

Yeah I think the quote was “win by several by half or end of the game”.  i think that’s different that by 1.  It wasn’t a rant just stating facts.  BTW, you may or may not be aware but all that hard work and grit is summed up nicely in this article.  https://www.dnj.com/story/sports/high-school/2020/08/11/oakland-football-probation-recruiting-tssaa/3349912001/

Funny stuff!  

It was a tweet and the tweet was accurate… Oakland should have been his top choice and I would say it worked out well. Now, as for the privates, they ALL recruit illegally. I have both seen it personally and have friends that are involved with said privates. Funny thing is TSSAA knows it, yet Oakland gets hit with something silly like this. 

58 minutes ago, LetsGoToWork said:

Funny stuff!  

And you still lost......by 7 pts  (which is more than a couple points) . Even with your bought and paid for horses.... That's what's funny... Maybe your coach can man handle another kid or two. Yes social media saying the kid should choose Oakland is some heavy duty recruiting. Way more powerful than assistant coaches approaching mom and dad at middle school football games and telling them they should apply for scholarship to certain private school.   

50 minutes ago, eers said:

It was a tweet and the tweet was accurate… Oakland should have been his top choice and I would say it worked out well. Now, as for the privates, they ALL recruit illegally. I have both seen it personally and have friends that are involved with said privates. Funny thing is TSSAA knows it, yet Oakland gets hit with something silly like this. 

Beyond silly. Not as silly? Having your HC put his hands on a kid with no punishment

4 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Beyond silly. Not as silly? Having your HC put his hands on a kid with no punishment

Easy now.... That's Trent Dilfer..... he's above the law, and if you have a great big ole contract , you turn the other cheek. If that was at a public school,  his bags would have been packed  and he would have been removed from the sideline that night by administration,

PS.....Still hate Oakland...lol

1 minute ago, Blaze45 said:

Easy now.... That's Trent Dilfer..... he's above the law, and if you have a great big ole contract , you turn the other cheek. If that was at a public school,  his bags would have been packed  and he would have been removed from the sideline that night by administration,

PS.....Still hate Oakland...lol

I guess as long as you have a cheesy hashtag it's ok.

It's alright B45, I know that one day you'll see the light

4 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

I guess as long as you have a cheesy hashtag it's ok.

It's alright B45, I know that one day you'll see the light

Good stuff!  For the record I’ve not said one negative thing about Oakland.  Total respect for the talent on that team and they definitely deserve to be recognized as the #1 ranked team in Tennessee. My point earlier is this isn’t just a private school issue.  Whether it’s Maryville, Alcoa , and  Fulton in the open zone situation or Riverdale in the past there are public schools playing the recruiting game also.  It was only a tweet!  Cmon!   “No one at Oakland even knew of this student athlete (except for the Athletic Director, of course).  Is that really the story y’all stuck with?  Point is it’s an issue in both divisions, private and public.  As for the other worthless comment, u guys must be Millennials or Gen Z types and are totally soft to think what u saw on video with Dilfer was that upsetting.  Give me a break!  Sounds like volleyball or badminton would be a better sport for you to follow.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, LetsGoToWork said:

Good stuff!  For the record I’ve not said one negative thing about Oakland.  Total respect for the talent on that team and they definitely deserve to be recognized as the #1 ranked team in Tennessee. My point earlier is this isn’t just a private school issue.  Whether it’s Maryville, Alcoa , and  Fulton in the open zone situation or Riverdale in the past there are public schools playing the recruiting game also.  It was only a tweet!  Cmon!   “No one at Oakland even knew of this student athlete (except for the Athletic Director, of course).  Is that really the story y’all stuck with?  Point is it’s an issue in both divisions, private and public.  As for the other worthless comment, u guys must be Millennials or Gen Z types and are totally soft to think what u saw on video with Dilfer was that upsetting.  Give me a break!  Sounds like volleyball or badminton would be a better sport for you to follow.  

Unless you know something that definitively implicates the AD, I would encourage you to leave it alone. Too many people in today’s society think they can go on social media and trash anyone while hiding behind a keyboard.  Let’s try to do better.

Edited by TomLHS
  • Like 1