Top 6A takes on top DivII-AA when Oakland Host Lipscomb Academy

Blaze45

6 minutes ago, arshad221 said:

Yes I thought Lipscomb had the speed and better qb going into the game. Broome wasn’t no slouch either. I’m a fan. 

Well Oakland is just as fast, and regardless how good the LA QB is Oakland has a crazy good pass rush, I understand thinking LA may win, but smoke them, no I don't get that, but your a LA fan so that makes sense...

Just now, Kevin38 said:

Well Oakland is just as fast, and regardless how good the LA QB is Oakland has a crazy good pass rush, I understand thinking LA may win, but smoke them, no I don't get that, but your a LA fan so that makes sense...

It was 21-7 going into the 3rd Oakland was getting cooked and the stadium was quiet up until Jordan big run. Trent had a good game plan keeping that ball away from them. Too many busted plays and flags costed them the game. Like I said Lipscomb had the pieces. I just want to see how Oakland looks when Hewitt has to actually pass when Oakland can’t run.

Hats off to LA tonight. They pushed Oakland to the limit when not alot of people gave them a chance, well done. I hope it isn't the last time these programs face off.

heckuva win by Oakland. Finding a way to win down 14 against an opponent the caliber of LA speaks volumes about what those kids are made of

Edited by MidTennFootball
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, arshad221 said:

It was 21-7 going into the 3rd Oakland was getting cooked and the stadium was quiet up until Jordan big run. Trent had a good game plan keeping that ball away from them. Too many busted plays and flags costed them the game. Like I said Lipscomb had the pieces. I just want to see how Oakland looks when Hewitt has to actually pass when Oakland can’t run.

Yes, a lot of Lipscomb mistakes, but let’s not discount the Oakland fumbles early that allowed Lipscomb to “keep the ball away”. As an unbiased observer, here’s my take. Lipscomb scored early then had a short field twice on Oakland fumbles. Lipscomb is a good team and the game was closer than I anticipated. We can all be biased and spin it however we want, like… Oakland would have run away with this game if they didn’t fumble twice early or have the penalties they did. I wasn’t there, so I can only go off the radio broadcast, but I will stand by saying Oakland is the best team in TN HS football regardless of class. They overcame the early deficit and left with the W. Sounded like it was a great game to watch. 

34 minutes ago, arshad221 said:

They lost, far from getting smoked, came back from 14 with 2 turnovers...

1 hour ago, Greendevil87 said:

Why did Oakland just not go victory formation first and goal from the Two. Lipscomb was out of timeouts. They would have never got the ball back the touchdown and pat kept it a one position game and gave Lipscomb the ball with a minute and a half left crazy decision

Lipscomb had 1 timeout left at that time.   But yes I felt that they should have knelt on first down and  make them use their final timeout then kneel again on second and 3rd.  Go for it on fourth and if you don't make it then Lipscomb has to go 97 yards or so with no timeout and less than a minute.   Worked out anyway 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, BreadTruck28 said:

@TTate, Lipscomb was very impressive. I can only hope we play as good in a month when we face them. 

Tough tough loss….woulda, shoulda, coulda

losing number 3 at half time really hurt…credit to Oakland…stopped us inside the 5 twice.  That was the difference.  Looking forward to seeing how CPA matches up.  I think it will be a similar game.  Good luck!