So the ship lost it's captain????

CougarDadx2

6 hours ago, oldfaithful said:

Seems like a nerve was struck. You might want to go back 5 or 6 pages and read my post on the current situation. Don't think I threw any childish jabs and I actually gave support and words of encouragement. I don't blame the kids, parents, or community for being upset about Chris bolting. Geno makes good points for Chris but I'm in the camp of if you start something, then see it through till the end. Every man needs to do what is in the best interest of himself and his family. If you guys should be mad at anybody, blame the genius that even considered him for the job.

As for the Ross remark, if I found out he bolted because he didn't have full freedom to operate the football program as he wished then I couldn't be mad at that. If you are going to hire a man for the job, let him do the job and give him the support needed for him to be successful. 

That's neither here nor there. My post was in reference to the comments I highlighted in bold from TTP's post. Anytime MC has feel on hard times, SP has had their fun with it and rightfully so. However, it seems when the Pirates come across some hiccups, the threads are asked to be shut down or laws/legal stuff gets brought into the discussion to discourage anybody from commenting on the thread. Just my opinion.

One last thing, I've been a Marion County fan for quite some time. I've seen the highest of highs and the lowest of lows, if anybody knows humble we do. That is if they are living in reality. I think you fellas are the ones that wouldn't know what humble was if hit you in the face. 

First, of, I didn't ask for the the thread to be shut down.  since you brought it up, there were several Jasper mods on her during the McKrylon soap opera and when it blew up on Jasper they tried to keep things tamped down until it came out the McKrylon was behind the whole thing.  Prior to that revelation they weren't very humble.  They haven't been active since then and the Ross Ricki stuff took out a few of the remaining.  As far as humble goes, LMBO.  I guess that is what you called it when your fan base was rocking the ambulance back in forth when Eddie Moore was leaving Jasper's Dave Baxter field just before half time his Junior year 1997. I don't think I every heard anyone apply "humble" to either fan base when it came to a Pirate-Warrior clash going all the way back to 1924. 

Edited by rlh
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

Actually Ross didn't come to Marion after leaving sp. He went to Georgia for 1 season as a DC for Mary Persons High School. He applied for the job here and got it. Ross has always jumped around and more than likely always will.

That's the other difference. Ross wasn't from Jasper High or South Pittsburg High.  Chris Jones was.  I will say one thing.  Chris Jones had these boys playing at a sustained tempo that hasn't been around in a long time.  I like that part of what he started and hope it keeps going. Strength and conditioned is required for that and he definitely got that done.  Its like he was channeling his inner Phil Beene in that regard.

5 hours ago, rlh said:

That's the other difference. Ross wasn't from Jasper High or South Pittsburg High.  Chris Jones was.  I will say one thing.  Chris Jones had these boys playing at a sustained tempo that hasn't been around in a long time.  I like that part of what he started and hope it keeps going. Strength and conditioned is required for that and he definitely got that done.  Its like he was channeling his inner Phil Beene in that regard.

That to me makes Jonesy's departure worse. Ross had no ties to the school. I only saw the Seq game he coached so I can't attest to the tempo part. 

I guess it's a good thing he sent his kids to Marion because I could only imagine what the last one there would be hearing if she was at sp. I'm sure she still hears stuff but it would be worse if she wasn't in MCHS. 

16 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Bible would have been hung out to dry if he hadn't made the CJ hire.  

Think about it.  Who wouldn't pull the trigger on that hire?  Especially given the FACT he wanted the job, said it was his dream job, had a 10 year plan,  and told folks he would never leave for money.  

Guess what?   He was hired and rightfully so.  Now he's no longer our coach.

Good luck Chris in Canada.  I appreciate the talks we had in your office one on one. 

We have Coach Wesley Stone now guiding us. Along with Heath.  We're in good hands. Everyone just needs to come together,  get to work and let's play some Pirate football!

46 on 2 !!

GO PIRATES!

That Bible man wanted to hire that Wagon man but that Griffith man told him to hire that Jones man. That’s why he left man. 

I ain’t joking either man!