Loudon @ Greenback

orngnblk

Just now, THE KING said:

Nothing can fall quicker than a small school sports program.  We went from state title contender one year to losing to unaka and jellico the next.  There is absolutely no room for error when you are the care taker of a 1A football program.  It will go to hail really quick.  

That scares me worse than losing!Having someone who really doesnt understand what our traditions are.We cannot go to losing those type games and I almost saw it last night..Luckily we have a few kids with Greenback grit that took it on themselves to power thru that adversity.That durn Workman kid dont weigh a buck 50 but he will knock your teeth out running the ball.I cant understand how a team cant rally around that type of agression and hit another gear!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

That scares me worse than losing!Having someone who really doesnt understand what our traditions are.We cannot go to losing those type games and I almost saw it last night..Luckily we have a few kids with Greenback grit that took it on themselves to power thru that adversity.That durn Workman kid dont weigh a buck 50 but he will knock your teeth out running the ball.I cant understand how a team cant rally around that type of agression and hit another gear!

I've been there.  Its the most sickening feeling after winning for so many years.  2006 was the year that started some very difficult times for parents, fans, and coaches.  There were some bad decisions made and it had a snowball effect.  People got in over their head and it took a long time to get back to winning.  

4 hours ago, orngnblk said:

We looked as bad as I have ever seen a GB team look.Sr leadership was terrible.We have one player who was responsible for 4 or 5 15 yards 3 in a row an Assistant coach FINALLY removed him from the game.It was like we had no Coaches there at all.Disipline???Heck we have no clue what that is.Kids jumping up after every play wanting to fight.Our trainer was the last person out if a kid got banged up OS's trainers were out helping ours while ours was on coffe or smoke break.We do not look like a Greenback football team.Micah out was a bigger loss than I could have imagined but still,Geeezzz!Credit OS for playing their butts off tho.We gave them an opportunity and they took advantage of it,just glad we had a little more than they did in the end.LOUDON will embarrass us again.

+1

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

It's usually contagious when you have a player playing that way.

11 hours ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

Only thing that will prevent a massacre is a covid outbreak. I won't be surprised if the guy they call coach doesn't send the team to UT hospital to sing Christmas carols in the ICU on Saturday.

You crack me up. Love the honesty. GB will get better. The whole East is weak this year.

17 minutes ago, pujo said:

Looks sorta like that boy that played at Greenback.LOL

Looks a lot like that boy that torched our tails for several years lol. Kolby got the start at UT today. Only had 3 punts that I saw. 1 average, 1 not great but 1 huge boomer that net 54 yards inside the 5. Nice to see him get an opportunity and do pretty well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crow said:

Looks a lot like that boy that torched our tails for several years lol. Kolby got the start at UT today. Only had 3 punts that I saw. 1 average, 1 not great but 1 huge boomer that net 54 yards inside the 5. Nice to see him get an opportunity and do pretty well. 

Dang ,gotta love that.

11 hours ago, orngnblk said:

I've got family on your team this year so I will get to hear about this beating for years to come.

O&B I'm hoping your family members don't tell the rest of the team this game is already over.  GB always plays all out against us.  I'm just hoping our kids come out with real intensity, and I mean all of them.  Our starters seem like they do but when we get a good lead and we mix starters with the younger kids we have drop off in our intensity level.  You can see this in our kickoff coverage team, it's like they are waiting on someone else to make a play. Coach Harig has been on them this year.