Alcoa at West

WestHigh4Life

14 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

The Crew was being film and graded for possible state championship game. WOW. You can throw a flag on all given play. They did. They where pulling players off the field if their jersey came un-tucked in the back,  or they seen what they thought was blood stains.

It was not just me, the entire Alcoa fan base knew they had to play the officials also. Rankin was throwing a fit, not at the mouthing penalties, but at West penalties that where obvious and not called.  

The keyboard warriors can think what you want, but this was a very bad ref'd game. The Alcoa players where over the cheating, hence the "mouthing" penalties. One ref throw 90% of the flags on Alcoa. One ref. Was he the only one that could see? No, the others obviously was not out to handicap Alcoa, and keep West in the game. 

You know they sent players off for both teams for uniform issues right?

7 hours ago, SportsnetWriter2 said:

I really expected Alcoa to be the last fanbase to be making excuses and complaining about refs. You’re not going to continue running through teams constantly and it’s good to be tested. You all got more penalties tonight because you were a lot more undisciplined than West was. I have absolutely zero issues with Alcoa and have a lot of respect for their program as well as Coach Rankin. When you look at it from a non-biased and neutral view then you can see that nobody was trying to railroad the tornadoes. 

Alcoa has had as much success as any team in the state of TN. Their success has not come from being undisciplined or out of control. Fact. That Alcoa team did not just forget how to play the game......by the rules! That might be something that the blue devils do by not the Tornadoes!!:thumb:

So, take your non-biases, neutral opinion and go have a drink with the cheating ref!:lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Yes, they did. Do you see that often is games? With just the tail of the jersey hanging out? The one ref was making it ALL ABOUT himself. 

So we can agree that both teams had some crucial penalties at times they had to overcome.  Glad we made some progress.

4 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

I been here before, and know this game was as poorly officiated as the train wreck game in Corbin KY. I know when refs are being biast. I have followed Alcoa thru 19 state championships. How about YOU!:bored:

They are trying to gaslight us. Everyone knows good and well the officiating was absurd. Alcoa was driving to end the game and the one ref decided it was going to overtime.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BCsportsfan said:

I been here before, and know this game was as poorly officiated as the train wreck game in Corbin KY. I know when refs are being biast. I have followed Alcoa thru 19 state championships. How about YOU!:bored:

Well,  I've watched HS football for 20 some years.  I watched that game on TV last night and I didn't see anything that concerned me from the refs.  I was concerned that a kid so was undisciplined that he got flagged for Jawing at the refs.  The holds looked like holds to me on both teams. You clearly aren't going to be convinced by logic or evidence so go on with yourself.  I suspect the entire Alcoa fan base doesn't act like you.

Just now, BCsportsfan said:

obviously the broadcast does on pickup on the fact 50% of the big runs by Alcoa were called for holding. Again, you can call holding on ever play, on both teams if YOU WANT! There was a clear and obvious motive of one ref.

The holding calls that were flagged last night weren't egregious, BC. Are you more upset because West didn't seem to get the same whistle? I can understand being upset about that, if true. Consistency should be expected. That said, I haven't re-watched the film to see if West got away with any blatant holding infractions. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find a couple.

The same thing happened to Fulton last week against Gibbs. I think they had 5 or 6 long TD plays called back either for holding or illegal blocking. And in every one of those cases, the call made was correct. A couple were close, but I won't criticize much as long as the call isn't blatantly wrong.

I think most folks on the T have a tremendous amount of respect for Rankin, the Alcoa program, and their fans. You guys have be blessed to witness a lot of good football, and what Alcoa has accomplished over the years speaks for itself. But even great teams have off and/or undisciplined nights. BC, I'm trying not to trash you or the Alcoa fans who want to blame the officiating, but I'm having a hard time not playing the world's tiniest violin here.

You guys got the win. Be grateful. You overcame adversity. Be thankful. Review the game film, clean up the mistakes, and go win another state title.

• CoachT locked this topic