Alcoa at West

WestHigh4Life

1 minute ago, thefox said:

They are trying to gaslight us. Everyone knows good and well the officiating was absurd. Alcoa was driving to end the game and the one ref decided it was going to overtime.

Fact. They moved the ball all the way to to the 20 yard line and bang...ever play is a flag. Moved them out of even field goal range. sad.

But we beat them cheaters in overtime! 

769470940_giphy(2).gif.e5514fa00aeb326cdd98f2a10e54c45e.gif

2 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Fact. They moved the ball all the way to to the 20 yard line and bang...ever play is a flag. Moved them out of even field goal range. sad.

But we beat them cheaters in overtime! 

769470940_giphy(2).gif.e5514fa00aeb326cdd98f2a10e54c45e.gif

If they wanted to cheat you - do you think they would have let your last TD stand?  You don’t think they could have found one more flag when it was needed?  

3 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

The holding calls that were flagged last night weren't egregious, BC. Are you more upset because West didn't seem to get the same whistle? I can understand being upset about that, if true. Consistency should be expected. That said, I haven't re-watched the film to see if West got away with any blatant holding infractions. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find a couple.

The same thing happened to Fulton last week against Gibbs. I think they had 5 or 6 long TD plays called back either for holding or illegal blocking. And in every one of those cases, the call made was correct. A couple were close, but I won't criticize much as long as the call isn't blatantly wrong.

I think most folks on the T have a tremendous amount of respect for Rankin, the Alcoa program, and their fans. You guys have be blessed to witness a lot of good football, and what Alcoa has accomplished over the years speaks for itself. But even great teams have off and/or undisciplined nights. BC, I'm trying not to trash you or the Alcoa fans who want to blame the officiating, but I'm having a hard time not playing the world's tiniest violin here.

You guys got the win. Be grateful. You overcame adversity. Be thankful. Review the game film, clean up the mistakes, and go win another state title.

I can respect that. Alcoa won against the best 5A team. I should be very happy. But, me and the entire Alcoa fan base did not see it your way. sorry, but this was a un-bias called game.

10 hours ago, thefox said:

Mount Juliet. I’m just trying to adjust to 5A, I didn’t realize there were any two team regions like the one your Rebels play in. 

Hard to believe a guy from Mount Juliet feels the need to troll West so hard.   The two schools have zero history.  They've never played each other in any sport.  Plus, the campuses are 2 1/2 hours apart and MJ is a nonfactor in the state championship race.  I don't buy it.  

1 minute ago, oridgecat said:

Hard to believe a guy from Mount Juliet feels the need to troll West so hard.   The two schools have zero history.  They've never played each other in any sport.  Plus, the campuses are 2 1/2 hours apart and MJ is a nonfactor in the state championship race.  I don't buy it.  

The most active MJ fans I've seen on the T like to troll just about everyone lol

• Upvote 1

• CoachT locked this topic