Dobyns-Bennett @ GreenEville

KEV-O

7 hours ago, JDHoss said:

Been a crazy season here so far with Covid and weather postponements. We live in Fort Pierce, which is about an hour and a half  from Miami. Most Fridays, we'll go to a game somewhere between Fort Lauderdale and Vero Beach or Sebastian. 

I lived in Englewood for a year when I was a kid.Stayed out of school for two days to go watch the " SuperStars " that was being filmed nearby . Oddly enough,OJ Simpson I believe was the winner that year.That's way back when he as running through airports and not the version we all know now.

• Like 1

Yeah it's not rocket science for today's generation to live stream a game.You would think for a game this important to the locals and during a pandemic, someone could live stream it especially for the older folks at home who can't drive to Greeneville and watch it.I know several DB fans up here that would love to see it on TV .Great opportunity for the DB guys to at least stream it on YouTube for them to watch now or later

8 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Yeah it's not rocket science for today's generation to live stream a game.You would think for a game this important to the locals and during a pandemic, someone could live stream it especially for the older folks at home who can't drive to Greeneville and watch it.I know several DB fans up here that would love to see it on TV .Great opportunity for the DB guys to at least stream it on YouTube for them to watch now or later

All excellent points. We will be at the Ball game. I am pulling for a Devil win and I believe they will win. But the Devils could really use a closer, very physical game for 4 quarters. I believe they would benefit from the challenges.

Edited by noonesfool

16 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

All excellent points. We will be at the Ball game. I am pulling for a Devil win and I believe they will win. But the Devils could really use a closer, very physical game for 4 quarters. I believe they would benefit from the challenges.

I agree, at the same time it's a lot easier on Batman if they could roll through 15 games without being tested.Your correct however, a good challenge is probably something that can help in several different ways for when it's lose and go home time.

8 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Interested Fact for the game, both teams top WR's are named Gillespie.  Yes, they are first cousins

I went to school with Floyd Gillespie, amazing athletic ability.I seen him get both elbows above the rim and speed like crazy.A guy I use to work with talked about being undefeated going in against him,I think he said they were running a 400.He made it into a real funny story , don't know if it's true.Said they were talking at the first of the race and Floyd acknowledged my coworker was undefeated but told him he wouldn't be after the race was over.He said they were still talking in the first turn  and a Greeneville coach told Floyd to get going.My coworker said Floyd just said,I got to go and left him in the dust.True or not, Floyd was a great athlete.

43 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

I went to school with Floyd Gillespie, amazing athletic ability.I seen him get both elbows above the rim and speed like crazy.A guy I use to work with talked about being undefeated going in against him,I think he said they were running a 400.He made it into a real funny story , don't know if it's true.Said they were talking at the first of the race and Floyd acknowledged my coworker was undefeated but told him he wouldn't be after the race was over.He said they were still talking in the first turn  and a Greeneville coach told Floyd to get going.My coworker said Floyd just said,I got to go and left him in the dust.True or not, Floyd was a great athlete.

I believe it. I saw him do something even crazier spring 1980 at the Blue Devil (Erwin) Relays.