AP 1A TOP 10 SEPT 27 2021

Southtowner

1 hour ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I see the score was 21-20. But I don't know anything about North Jackson. Y'all should've beat them by more?

North Jackwagon was up 20 - 0 at the beginning of the 4th Quarter in Stevenson, Al with an Aladambama officiating crew.  The Pirate D stood tall all night long. 

Well there’s gonna be a shakeup in middle of the pack.. the AP’s #4 & #6 teams are playing each other (they’re 1 & 2 in Reg.6), & AP’s #5 & #7 going at it too (1 & 2 in Reg.5). All 4 of these teams may see each other again in playoffs. Time will tell. Most of us in Reg.6 are new here & were moved over in new classification, & will face new teams in playoffs, which is good imho. To be great you have to play great teams. The switch increases travel time but I think it will make for better football in long run. Gonna be interesting to see if this weeks games are close & competitive, or blowouts. Everyone is hungry to prove their mettle I know, and eager to “make a statement” to the rest of 1A this week. Yeppers, a good week of football this Friday.

8 hours ago, HevyReturns said:

Well there’s gonna be a shakeup in middle of the pack.. the AP’s #4 & #6 teams are playing each other (they’re 1 & 2 in Reg.6), & AP’s #5 & #7 going at it too (1 & 2 in Reg.5). All 4 of these teams may see each other again in playoffs. Time will tell. Most of us in Reg.6 are new here & were moved over in new classification, & will face new teams in playoffs, which is good imho. To be great you have to play great teams. The switch increases travel time but I think it will make for better football in long run. Gonna be interesting to see if this weeks games are close & competitive, or blowouts. Everyone is hungry to prove their mettle I know, and eager to “make a statement” to the rest of 1A this week. Yeppers, a good week of football this Friday.

first time poster but i've followed coachT for a couple years now. just wanted to point out the region 5 matchup you're talking about is Fayetteville and Conersville, which is AP #2 and #7

7 hours ago, jtm52k said:

first time poster but i've followed coachT for a couple years now. just wanted to point out the region 5 matchup you're talking about is Fayetteville and Conersville, which is AP #2 and #7

Yeppers.. thanks for steering me right. At least they #1 & #2 in that monster Reg.5. Lots of tradition & history in them programs in that region. And Fayetteville is on a roll.. after shocking everyone last year, I bet they playing kind of mad, with a chip on their shoulder, you know, an “I’ll show you” attitude. Which is dangerous for their po’ ‘ol opponents, put a hungry/mean attitude (NOT talking about dirty-playing though) with talent, good coaching, good fans, & that addictive taste of success.. that’s the ingredients which are hard to beat. Lots of good football left, and let’s hope certain “mandates” or “protocols” don’t get in the way of the great teams getting to play each other on the field of battle and seeing what’s what. I wonder, if all the folk involved on a team left their phones at home, with batteries out or turned off, if that would circumvent this insane (to me anyways) “trontact cacing” nonsense? Which sidelines teams with zero illnesses! And, just to put more fuel on this fire of mine about this topic, IF a board or county is doing anything just to get monetary “kickbacks” (like hospitals have been doing, oodles of proofs worldwide!), that is traitorous on every level and should cause that local community to stage their own peaceful & effective “Pots & Pan Revolution” like Iceland did a few years ago (look it up). Oh well, done got on my high- horse & chased a bunch of rabbits down endless holes, but it’s still valid what I say and WHY I say it! (I’ll let the reader deduce the answer to that one)  .. Crazy times these are. Who would have “thunk it” that all this would be happening in such a short time? With most folk rolling over like a scared dog doing nothing, saying nothing, nor not even trying to find out the truth of things (which will NEVER EVER be found from TV nor “official” sources!). Blast it, this turned-loose horse won’t stop charging down these burrows & the reins have slipped outta my hands. I’ll just jump off. —(plop I go, probably landing in stuff this horse left behind)—

1 hour ago, Enthusiast said:

@HevyReturns Thanks for the insight. Anyway, the meat of the season is coming up and I look forward to seeing how things play out. 

Yeppers.. saving the best for last. Tough rows to hoe on out for most. I imagine there’ll be some high-flying & sitting-pretty teams who, before regular season gone, they’ll be barely in playoffs, if they make it at all. OUCH, that’ll sting! I won’t make any predictions because I ain’t no football guru, a fan yes, but no guru, not even close. But there are some out there and man oh man, I just watch & listen with eyes & ears open wondering how they got these insights. Quite a few here on the T as well.