Peabody vs Halls

Tide21

On 9/28/2021 at 6:14 PM, PeabodyPride said:

Class means a lot in these parts , maybe that’s why they don’t claim Ole Peabody Pride, oh well, I have noticed the Tide slipping in Sonny and other places , it’s simple, they choose not to beat teams by 45 if there is no need ! Does it hurt the stats ,Yep, do we care ? Nope ! Winning a Gold Ball is the Team goal, the guys each have their individual goals as well, coach really pushes these men to be better daily ! Better isn’t about football to Shane either, he teaches them about community pride, relationships with their parents and families, and should they want to listen a relationship with Jesus !!!!!! I know I can be a bit of a handful on here as well as Tide 21 and others but let me tell you if the goal was just to win games this program wouldn’t be were it is today ! The players and families of players that I have seen come to Christ thru football as well as GPAs increasing , home lives improving, as well as some breaking the toxic cycle of poverty has been the most amazing thing to watch !!!! I look at things like the Dyersburg situation and the fact that our Principal and football coach came on here as well as gave his cell number to alot of folks to show that he is a kind and understanding man  and seeks the truth to be heard  shows what we have become under Shane Jacob’s leadership !  I mean giving your number to BPM is a risk in itself ! 
Trust me you can’t burn your first 2 am selfie of the little fella with a bucket of chicken covered in nothing but rib sauce and his  purple bull Dawg Underoos on out of your memory, therapy won’t even help !!!!!!! And we know Jacob’s done made some of y’all some closet Tide fans

its cool I can put you in touch with the Waverly Union rep as well as the reelfoot area Union rep for Tide fans anonymous   @vandyfan1

@shockernation

they can get your tide shirts ordered

Pride you have spoken very well.

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

^^^ My prediction of what the Stanks can expect from Trenton. 

I don’t expect the Mustangs to completely blow out the Tide like they did in their easiest game of the year against Milan, but to end that streak would be sweet. Maybe Milan should play more teams like Houston Co. or Liberty.

2 minutes ago, Waker said:

I don’t expect the Mustangs to completely blow out the Tide like they did in their easiest game of the year against Milan, but to end that streak would be sweet. Maybe Milan should play more teams like Houston Co. or Liberty.

Don't get any false hope.  Yall played a depleated Milan team.  We played Milan at their best.  If Huntingdon plays Milan at beginning of season, we have a totally different outcome

6 hours ago, Tide21 said:

Whats your prediction on how the game might go ?  I’m not asking for a score 

Mustangs will have to take control of the ground game. So far nobody has slowed us down much even McKenzie. Our run defense is very good. Nobody but the Rebels have moved the ball much on us, they had some big plays. Their RB played a great game against us. Milan only gained 53 TDs on the ground against us. You gonna have to throw the ball to beat us. Mustangs are playing very good fundamental football right now. Rushed for 531 yds and survived 4 onside kicks without a turnover, that's pretty impressive. Next weeks game against Westview will tell us a lot. I feel good about it. Looking forward to yalls challenge.

6 hours ago, Waker said:

If I remember correctly back in the early 90’s Peabody was having a undefeated season and ended up in the Championship game. Can’t remember if they won the championship game. Their lone regular season loss was to the Halls Tigers who was having a mediocre year.

Yes you are right. That was the first time we went to state in 91. Lost by 1 to Halls, and we lost to Franklin Road 20-8  i believe in the state game 

6 hours ago, Waker said:

If I remember correctly back in the early 90’s Peabody was having a undefeated season and ended up in the Championship game. Can’t remember if they won the championship game. Their lone regular season loss was to the Halls Tigers who was having a mediocre year.

13 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Yes you are right. That was the first time we went to state in 91. Lost by 1 to Halls, and we lost to Franklin Road 20-8  i believe in the state game 

Old farts :grin:

4 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Mustangs will have to take control of the ground game. So far nobody has slowed us down much even McKenzie. Our run defense is very good. Nobody but the Rebels have moved the ball much on us, they had some big plays. Their RB played a great game against us. Milan only gained 53 TDs on the ground against us. You gonna have to throw the ball to beat us. Mustangs are playing very good fundamental football right now. Rushed for 531 yds and survived 4 onside kicks without a turnover, that's pretty impressive. Next weeks game against Westview will tell us a lot. I feel good about it. Looking forward to yalls challenge.

Outside containment and disciplined D backs and being able to pass the ball will be key for the Mustangs success.