What happened?

olddevil

59 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

Hey @olddevil, what were the names of the high schools in Henry County that played football before the consolidated county school started playing in 1969?

Until consolidation in 1969, there were two schools playing football ;E.W, Grove High and Central High, a countywide black school .. Five other schools (grades1-12) did not have football programs. Inman, a city middle school, had the only football in the count until the  mid seventies when football was introduced in all these schools ( grades 1-8 ) Grove became a county wide 9th grade with a football program. A very successful youth program has a long standing and ongoing history.  The county schools now play a consolidated program.

GO BIG RED

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, olddevil said:

Until consolidation in 1969, there were two schools playing football ;E.W, Grove High and Central High, a countywide black school .. Five other schools (grades1-12) did not have football programs. Inman, a city middle school, had the only football in the count until the  mid seventies when football was introduced in all these schools ( grades 1-8 ) Grove became a county wide 9th grade with a football program. A very successful youth program has a long standing and ongoing history.  The county schools now play a consolidated program.

GO BIG RED

Thanks for the info. Hope I get to see you Friday night. 

5 hours ago, BigRedRealist said:

Not sure what happened to this thread, but I know in the past some users talk smack and can't take it when
they get called out, or someone talks smack back to them, so they get mad. Then they will sometimes 'take their 
ball and go home' by either deleting their profile (making a new one) or delete the thread if they started it.

Enough of that, I'm excited about having a region game that HC will be the underdog in (according to the polls).

Hope everyone is healthy on both teams and look forward to a game between 2 good teams.

Are most of the Jackets back? I know they had several out the last few games.

GO BIG RED.

100% some people get a little uptight! I’m with Brian…..Springfield is the under dog playing in Paris and not playing that tough of a schedule this far. Just hoping for an injury free hard fought game from both sides. 

• Like 1

I want to apologize for getting bent out of shape on here last night. Lots of things going on personally and emotions running a little higher than normal this week.

Springfield fans, I want yall to know I dont mean to come across so hateful and degrading towards your program in any way. I have to do better as a person and I will. We could definitely have our work cut out for us if yall bring your A game (which I fully expect)

Henry County fans, I apologize to every single one of yall for being a douche bag. I want to encourage anybody else on here that comes at opposing teams like I did to try to watch what you say and let's all have the utmost respect for every single program we go up against whether we are favored by 50 or the underdog by 50. We are a very proud program and I will be the first to admit I can be arrogant at times. I hope both sides accept my apology and we can move forward.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BigRed88 said:

I want to apologize for getting bent out of shape on here last night. Lots of things going on personally and emotions running a little higher than normal this week.

Springfield fans, I want yall to know I dont mean to come across so hateful and degrading towards your program in any way. I have to do better as a person and I will. We could definitely have our work cut out for us if yall bring your A game (which I fully expect)

Henry County fans, I apologize to every single one of yall for being a douche bag. I want to encourage anybody else on here that comes at opposing teams like I did to try to watch what you say and let's all have the utmost respect for every single program we go up against whether we are favored by 50 or the underdog by 50. We are a very proud program and I will be the first to admit I can be arrogant at times. I hope both sides accept my apology and we can move forward.

I fully accept your apology but also want you to know that you have nothing to apologize for on my behalf. I do apprciate the effort to smooth things over however. I feel like both of our fanbases have passion and love our football programs. I will be the 1st to admit, I get all up in my emotions over the Springfield Yellow Jackets. I have deep family roots going all the way back to the 1930s. It just means a lot to us, so I believe we all understand one another, that is why I try to be respectful on here...

• Like 1