What happened?

olddevil

3 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

The Jackets D is playing STOUT this year.  Through 7 games this year we have given up 49 points.  Our opponents are averaging just 7 points a game against us so far.  I expect more than 7 scored from Beech next week.  The defensive play is still impressive 

Yeah that’s an impressive stat. Not many high school teams can say that regardless of competition. Just doesn’t happen much. Offensively, we’ve got to do better…….

Edited by Poundtherock23

2 hours ago, JacketLover said:

HC fans, I know y’all lost to then region opponent Dyer County in 2019 in the playoffs, but aside from that am I correct that this was the first regular season loss for the Pats since 2012?

2016- Brentwood and Centennial

2015- Centennial

Centennial beat us in the playoffs both those years as well 

Before that it was Northeast in 2012 and Clarksville in 2009. Pretty sure that has been it since our move to 5A.  

Edited by MSURacer

25 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

2016- Brentwood and Centennial

2015- Centennial

Centennial beat us in the playoffs both those years as well 

Before that it was Northeast in 2012 and Clarksville in 2009. Pretty sure that has been it since our move to 5A.  

I could be mistaken but I think he was referring to region regular season losses, but thanks for the info...

7 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

That’s what I posted. Centennial and Brentwood were region opponents in ‘15 and ‘16. 

Ah, I forgot about them being with y’all for awhile when we were in 4A. Thanks for the info! 
Our YouTube guys were extremely complimentary of the hospitality they received last night in the press box. Thanks for that as well! I know @ilovethegamecan add more to that. 

1 minute ago, JacketLover said:

Ah, I forgot about them being with y’all for awhile when we were in 4A. Thanks for the info! 
Our YouTube guys were extremely complimentary of the hospitality they received last night in the press box. Thanks for that as well! I know @ilovethegamecan add more to that. 

Yessir! Other than the outcome I enjoyed last night overall. Hopefully we can do this thing again in just a few weeks. I still think HC can salvage this season. 

44 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Yessir! Other than the outcome I enjoyed last night overall. Hopefully we can do this thing again in just a few weeks. I still think HC can salvage this season. 

You guys have played a hellacious schedule and maybe it will pay dividends in the playoffs. I don’t think you will see anyone better in the playoffs than you have up til now in the regular season. You’ve got a tough one next week as well. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Y’all will be just fine. Come playoff I’d expect y’all to be clicking along. Hopefully we’ll meet again in about 6 weeks!

• Upvote 1

On 10/1/2021 at 8:05 PM, RollRed said:

What are you talking about? HC drove nearly 80 yards just couldn’t punch it in. And we lost our #1 running back on the 1st play after a 9 yard run. I’m not sure about Springfield they haven’t moved the ball at all. Also #7 didn’t play probably our best receiver. These are 2 top tear teams. Trash talking a bunch of kids seems kinda pathetic. Both teams are leaving it all on the field. 

Been working all weekend so I haven't had time to respond.  The offense is pathetic.  Not trash talking kids at all, didn't mention one name.  The offense is more than just the players.  It's the formations, substitutions, play calling.  Putting kids in positions to be successful.  It's been mentioned before, but the offense has scored 1 touchdown in the last 10 quarters (Northwest doesn't count, they're essentially a middle school team at this point).  That's pathetic, regardless of competition. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

Been working all weekend so I haven't had time to respond.  The offense is pathetic.  Not trash talking kids at all, didn't mention one name.  The offense is more than just the players.  It's the formations, substitutions, play calling.  Putting kids in positions to be successful.  It's been mentioned before, but the offense has scored 1 touchdown in the last 10 quarters (Northwest doesn't count, they're essentially a middle school team at this point).  That's pathetic, regardless of competition. 

I can agree I thought we would see something new from this new offensive coordinator but it’s the same isht different butthole. How many times can we get nowhere pounding it up the middle and get nothing and keep going back to the same thing. It makes it extremely frustrating to watch. 

2 hours ago, RollRed said:

I can agree I thought we would see something new from this new offensive coordinator but it’s the same isht different butthole. How many times can we get nowhere pounding it up the middle and get nothing and keep going back to the same thing. It makes it extremely frustrating to watch. 

We've got smallish receivers, no screens?  We use to run a ton of playaction; don't see that much anymore.  RPO's maybe?  Brentwood tore Henry County up with those the past 2 years.  Morgan Barrick plays pretty well against South Gibson, gets what 15 carries or so?  1 carry against Springfield, played more snaps on defense.  Last year our tight ends were a huge key, especially off of play action.  This year, I think their only catch of the season was the throwback screen against Springfield.  They've had #4 on varsity for 1 1/2 years, and they still have no idea what to do with him.  We have a quarterback that has power 5 offers, yet we've played 3 different qb's throughout the season.  Just baffling.  

• Upvote 2