Huntingdon @ Westview

footballover

56 minutes ago, footballover said:

Mustang ground and pound vs Charger air raid. Might come down to who has the ball last. Who ya got?

Not really, Westview is the most complete team you will see this year imho, they have  a huge disciplined line and great backs, yep they can air it out but they can ground and pound with the best of them ! If you get thru to Simpson it’s just as bad as giving him time to torch you with his arm, the kids got wheels and runs smart ! Hunting dung has absolutely proven they are a 2A force but not many small ball schools are read for what your about to witness ! GL to both squads and hope for a injury free game !!! I think this will be a test for Westview but looking at a Charger win !

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, sportsnutz said:

Don't we have Peabody on the schedule? What are you saying here, Pride?

I absolutely meant what I said overall they toss it up better than us and are close on the run game, I think we split with them close to 50/50 , I am for sure not a homer, I WOULDNT WANNA PLAY EM AGAIN ! I’ve said since our game they are a rare breed in small ball !!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PeabodyPride said:

I absolutely meant what I said overall they toss it up better than us and are close on the run game, I think we split with them close to 50/50 , I am for sure not a homer, I WOULDNT WANNA PLAY EM AGAIN ! I’ve said since our game they are a rare breed in small ball !!

I figured that’s what you were referring to. They have a lethal combo of pass and run. Their defense will be key and will have to bring their hard hat. Huntingdon is always physical. Should be a good one 

3 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

I figured that’s what you were referring to. They have a lethal combo of pass and run. Their defense will be key and will have to bring their hard hat. Huntingdon is always physical. Should be a good one 

Bro I always try my best to call it like I see it ! Huntington is a heck of a ball team and Westview is rare, I know where I will be that night !!!!

3 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Agreed. Should be a packed house with no Gibson County schools playing next week 

Hoping we can get some folks together and invade Praters taters and then hit up the Magic Carpet !! Might see if my little buddy @BIGPURPLEMACHINE wants to see if we can  put Praters out of business for the day !!!!!!

Edited by PeabodyPride

3 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Bro I always try my best to call it like I see it ! Huntington is a heck of a ball team and Westview is rare, I know where I will be that night !!!!

I know they played you guys competitively, but other than that they've had a rather weak schedule. Huntingdon has played 3 teams that would beat anyone on Wesrview's schedule other than Peabody.

I'm not one to knock anyone due to their schedule really, because you don't always have complete control over that. But without being super familiar with them, that's all I have to go on. That being said, they have completely handled everyone that they should have and took one of the best teams in the state down to the wire, so there's definitely something to be said for that.

Huntingdon historically has been weak in pass coverage. This year's team, however has shown some proficiency on getting hands on the ball in secondary. They also have a knack for getting after the QB. 87 and 9 off the edges stay in the backfield. But we haven't played anyone close to what Simpson will be bringing either.

Offensively we are still one-dimensional as always. While it is a really good dimension, teams that are strong up front and stack the box give us trouble.

It sounds like Westview has everything they need to handle us as well as they have everyone else on the schedule. I just hope we can keep it competitive.

If I was a betting man, I would take Westview -14 if I'm being objective.

13 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Totally agree with you Pride. They do not have to throw it to beat an opponent. They have a complete package and saw that tonight. I’m not sure they even threw for 50 yards tonight. I saw them score 35 points in one qtr tonight.