Week 8- Oak Ridge @ Greenville

CardinalGrey

3 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

We struggle because of depth. I think if we had a few more kids we would be able to compete at a little higher level. 35-45 kids won’t cut it against the teams we have to play. We might play a total of 12-15 guys offensively and defensively. TOTAL! Hopefully we can get some more kids out. The kids that do play are pretty good players, we just need a few more to go along with them. 

Tough loss to South Doyle last week after a gutsy win against Bearden. Can't wait to see what Coach Black and the boys can get done on the home stretch. Probably a 6-4 finish with a loss to Farragut. I don't see you all being able to beat a 6A team with that little depth.

Edited by FilmCzar

10 minutes ago, FilmCzar said:

Tough loss to South Doyle last week after a gutsy win against Bearden. Can't wait to see what Coach Black and the boys can get done on the home stretch. Probably a 6-4 finish with a loss to Farragut. I don't see you all being able to beat a 6A team with that little depth.

Yep, tough road ahead 

44 minutes ago, Greendevil87 said:

I still think that this could be a competitive game. Oak ridge is not playing like oak ridge . But they still have athlete's and tradition. All the talk about how easy this is going to be for Greeneville is as Saban would say Rat Poison for the Devil's. I hope The Devil's play great and take care of business. But oak ridge deserves or respect and hopefully we are Ready to Play. I worry about a little flat spot coming up for the devil's after this game nothing much left in the season before the playoffs. The Devil's have got to be fired up and ready to play Friday night this is our toughest game until at least round 2 of the playoffs. Coaches need to keep the team excited, prepared and ready to play each week. Knowing this staff I think they will. 

Exactly right. Greeneville has the athletes,coaches and everything you need to properly prepare and beat most teams in the state.Dobyns Bennett is a very young team and in what is supposed to be  a rebuild year. Yet,they were within a score of Greeneville early in the second half.Point is, you start pounding your own chest or not keep the pedal down for every opponent and then those Greeneville sun headlines will not be so fun to read. 

11 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

This is not an attack at osunut2. I like the guy.

This is also not an attack at anybody but an observation. A lot of people have ragged on the OR Offense, the OR Linemen, the OC and just about everything that has something to do with the Offense. 

I have agreed with some of it and been upset by some of it. Now, it appears Coaches changes are being made on the Offense and other positions. Yet people still find fault. Isn't this what you wanted? 

I like Coach Rodney. I tweeted with him when his daughter played for Oak Ridge and he was at Powell. I have no idea if he deserves to be let go but people pitched such a fit about the OR Offense he was bound to be fired.

Those of you who moaned about the offense you now have to live with the changes. Who knows with a different OC we could turn the season around. Please don't get mad at me for saying this.

I don't know what the right answer is, Willie, but I don't think canning a brand new (to OR) OC 6 games in to the season is going to solve these issues. While that probably satisfies some teeth gnashers out there, the problems that I've seen at OR this year aren't going to be solved by dumping the OC mid-season.

I'm sure Gaddis felt like he had to do something, but he may just be delaying the inevitable.

2 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

I don't know what the right answer is, Willie, but I don't think canning a brand new (to OR) OC 6 games in to the season is going to solve these issues. While that probably satisfies some teeth gnashers out there, the problems that I've seen at OR this year aren't going to be solved by dumping the OC mid-season.

I'm sure Gaddis felt like he had to do something, but he may just be delaying the inevitable.

We figured out yesterday that the problem is the off-season program and lack of training by the players. This falls on the coaching staff. Oak Ridge is just a smaller Science Hill, IMO.

1 minute ago, osunut2 said:

Our offensive struggles go much deeper than the guy calling the plays.  I am shocked really by this move and the timing of it.  

37 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Are you saying you think there’s a chance that G could eventually be let go too? Maybe I’m reading it wrong.

9 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Are you saying you think there’s a chance that G could eventually be let go too? Maybe I’m reading it wrong.

I highly doubt he would be given the heave-ho after this year, unless he simply chose to retire. One bad year wouldn't justify making that change, IMO. But if those kinds of results repeat themselves next season, or the year after, you have to think that a change at the top wouldn't be out of the question.

1 minute ago, osunut2 said:

I highly doubt he would be given the heave-ho after this year, unless he simply chose to retire. One bad year wouldn't justify making that change, IMO. But if those kinds of results repeat themselves next season, or the year after, you have to think that a change at the top wouldn't be out of the question.

True, a few years ago we had a really mediocre season as well, keep in mind.