Week 8- Oak Ridge @ Greenville

CardinalGrey

Just catching up and I have to say,some good reading since yesterday.Ha,the spelling police would arrest Batman for sure if I tried to spell Russian titles or leaders names.I enjoy history as well and mankind has certainly made a cluster of it.BC and those pictures are always to the bone,got to love that...I like the passion you wildcats have for the game and understand how much invested a few of you are that have kids in the system.99% of us understand that feeling and man it's a thousand times more easy when your  a former parent ,player . student or just a fan who loves the game.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

I will probably be able to count the number of OR fans that show up.  Reminds me of the end of the Stevens era.  I could literally count the number of die hard fans on the home side there at the end of SS run. 

I don't think that comparison is accurate at all. You may be right about a small crowd because OR is 2-4, it's fall break, and it's a long trip, but the crowd at the Powell game was very good. We took a good crowd to Lenoir City and OR was 1-3 at the time. The crowd tomorrow night may surprise you. We never had a crowd in 2008 that I recall that was anything like last week...in fact, that may have been more fans at the Powell game than attended during the entire 2008 season. The crowd at Farragut was pretty good and I expect a good crowd at the remaining games after tomorrow night. Don't get me wrong, the crowds would be bigger if OR was winning, but this is nothing like 2008 crowds, and I don't think it will be that way...not at all.

3 minutes ago, catswild said:

I don't think that comparison is accurate at all. You may be right about a small crowd because OR is 2-4, it's fall break, and it's a long trip, but the crowd at the Powell game was very good. We took a good crowd to Lenoir City and OR was 1-3 at the time. The crowd tomorrow night may surprise you. We never had a crowd in 2008 that I recall that was anything like last week...in fact, that may have been more fans at the Powell game than attended during the entire 2008 season. The crowd at Farragut was pretty good and I expect a good crowd at the remaining games after tomorrow night. Don't get me wrong, the crowds would be bigger if OR was winning, but this is nothing like 2008 crowds, and I don't think it will be that way...not at all.

I remember that 2008 team for sure,one of my Indians played against the wildcats down there.Exactly the year I mentioned that you were loaded with awesome athletic talent and that's about all I can say . Love your tradition coming down the steps with the smoke and train sounds.Next to DB's " walk ",UT running through the "T",those are three of my favorite pregames in all of football.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

I remember that 2008 team for sure,one of my Indians played against the wildcats down there.Exactly the year I mentioned that you were loaded with awesome athletic talent and that's about all I can say . Love your tradition coming down the steps with the smoke and train sounds.Next to DB's " walk ",UT running through the "T",those are three of my favorite pregames in all of football.

So I guess you’ve never heard of Josef Jughashvili then? The Man Of Steel?! Russian author Fyodr Dostoevsky is one of my favorite authors. I’m just rambling now though. Yeah, the steps are great. I don’t think we do the smoke anymore though, but I may be wrong?

Edited by SweetScience

11 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

So I guess you’ve never heard of Josef Jughashvili then? The Man Of Steel?! Yeah, the steps are great. I don’t think we do the smoke anymore though, but I may be wrong?

I do good to remember a lot of my sons teammates names.The 2008 game  was the one where his buddy  Chris Sensabaugh ,had a breakout game.

8 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Sensabaugh - Now there’s a DB name if I’ve ever heard one. Been a lot of those boys who have been good ones. 

If you ask @WaCoJaCo he'll tell you that D-B has never had a good Defensive Back. I believe some (including the Sensabaugh's) have gone to play for my UT Vols and in the National Football League. Oh yeah, but they don't play pass defense at my alma mater D-B.

Edited by FilmCzar

1 minute ago, FilmCzar said:

If you ask @WaCoJaCo he'll tell you that D-B has never had a good Defensive Back. I believe some (including the Sensabaugh's) have gone to play for my UT Vols and in the National Football League. Oh yeah, but they don't play pass defense at my alma mater D-B.

One of them played for the Cowboys for years, I think? I think it was Gerald? Bat may correct me though.