5A Playoff 2021

Rhea Co.

1 hour ago, TheCommissioner said:

That would be a state runner-up with a minimum of 5 losses.  They have 4 now.  Just curious has there ever been a team be runner-up with that many?

Just curious / serious question:

After last Fridays SHS / HC game (IMO 2 teams I see as very even), what would you think SHS's record would be if they had played HC's schedule?  What would you think HC's record would be if they played SHS's schedule?

23 minutes ago, BigRedRealist said:

After last Fridays SHS / HC game (IMO 2 teams I see as very even), what would you think SHS's record would be if they had played HC's schedule?  What would you think HC's record would be if they played SHS's schedule?

I think we would be 

5-2 if we played your schedule Loss to Summitt and depending our COVID issues 2nd loss to Brentwood and/or Beech

I think you would be.

6-1 if you played ours.  Your loss would have been to us

2 hours ago, TheCommissioner said:

That would be a state runner-up with a minimum of 5 losses.  They have 4 now.  Just curious has there ever been a team be runner-up with that many?

I think the last team that went 5-5 in the regular season and win a state title was Livingston Academy in 2005. That’s the only team that I can think of the had more than 4 losses to make the championship 

Edited by Rhea Co.

43 minutes ago, Rhea Co. said:

I think the last team that went 5-5 in the regular season and win a state title was Livingston Academy in 2005. That’s the only team that I can think of the had more than 4 losses to make the championship 

Thanks 

It is an interesting premise if a school gets on a roll for them to make a deep run.  I think Strafford made a deep run a few years back with 7 to 8 losses

1 hour ago, BigRedRealist said:

2 even teams. And that’s without Cole Townsend and Jayce Kendal in that game.  Imagine a healthy #17 and #7 playing. #1 running back and our #1 receiver/safety.