Haywood @ south Gibson!!

Kruger77

11 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Love that pic.

I matriculated at Byars-Hall High as a freshman in 1958. That school morphed into Covington High in 1970. So, that’s 63 years plus your 60. Good grief, Charlie Brown, we’ve gotten old!!!

But, as I tell folks, “I like getting older. There’s just one other choice”.

That pic does bring back memories.  Roughly 120 years of Charger and Tomcat fandom between us!  That's a lot, and  I agree with you.  I  prefer the first choice (living).  What would the Chargers and Tomcats do without us?  Lol

Before anyone else says it, I know...they would do quite well, maybe better.

Edited by stacmot

It looks like a cool, rainy, and windy Friday night...Any thoughts as to how that might affect either team?

Friday -Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. High near 81. South wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Friday Night - A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1am. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 49. West southwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming north northwest in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.

Here's a couple of predictions from the Milan Mirror-Exchange:

Victor Parkins -Vic’s Pick: Haywood 41 - South Gibson 28
Michael Odham - Odom’s Pick: Haywood 38 - South Gibson 35

The Jackson Sun's prediction:  Haywood 45 - South Gibson 40

Let's fill up that tank or gas can and avenge last year's loss.  Let's go Tomcats!

• Like 1

The Henry Co. game was the first time the Hornets had been shut out since 2016.  But to be fair, I think SGC was missing a few key players including starting quarterback Ty Schrotberger.

I know Schrotberger is back and playing well, but I don't know anything about the other players who missed the HC game.

Edited by stacmot

It is official. Haywood wins by 50 points. The little ole Hornets do not stand a chance to win this game. I think I will call the coach and advise him to forfeit the contest. Haywood is just simply out of our league. I hope we can get some of the private schools to get back on our schedule in the coming years. JK! 

Y'all are a joke. Everyone knows that Haywood is favored to win this contest. Let's be honest. With that being said, SGC has played toe to toe with the Tomcats the past 2 years. Haywood has a better team this year than last year's, but we still went to Haywood and got a victory last season. Could this be another blowout? Yes, it could. Haywood is the real deal. They have everything you need to win gold balls. 

This will be the best test for my little pitiful Hornets to date. Poor fellers, I may offer to feed them after the game if they are not all in an ambulance or something.