Let's put the women and children to bed! H20 @ Tc for the region championship

biggest

2 hours ago, biggest said:

Not likely! But you never know 

True. Matchups, weather and playoff football. Might see some crazy things next couple of weeks. Bledsoe could do some damage. Its going to be an interesting couple of weeks. 

I didn't even check the score for the TC/H2O game until ours was over. I was a little surprised. 

We got to get it done next week but I don't know who I'd rather see come to the Greater Decatur Metropolis  in week 2. TC or Tyner.

Edited by Tiger2

7 hours ago, MakingSense2u said:

H20 came in and absolutley dismantled a more athletic team.  That cannot be argued.  I have watched this thread and I don't recall any TC faithful mentioning anytime this year how bad the coaching staff was for TC (until tonight).  But I do recall all the "Coach B did this and that, no sense in playing a non-region game (Upperman)."  He was basically the savior 4-5 weeks ago.  I'll say it,  TC got thumped by a smaller, slower, but more determined/hard nosed team in H20.  Hate to call the TC faithful out, but you really don't have any excuses, your team (especially all the players on D who was going to live in H20's backfield) got handed a TRUE L tonight. Fire back as you may, but make sure you make some sense when you do.  All that being said, anyone tell me who H20 gets in the 1st Round?     

Bledsoe to H2O

Tyner to TC

7 hours ago, biggest said:

Watertown program has changed! What Webster and his staff have done is remarkable!  It like nothing bothers them. Tc goes to the house  2nd play old Watertown would have  folded and gotten run out of the stadium.  

The Creekbank used to be feared by opposing teams for years but not anymore. It was a home game for Watertown and if I am correct H20 has not lost at the bank since 2013.

9 hours ago, MakingSense2u said:

H20 came in and absolutley dismantled a more athletic team.  That cannot be argued.  I have watched this thread and I don't recall any TC faithful mentioning anytime this year how bad the coaching staff was for TC (until tonight).  But I do recall all the "Coach B did this and that, no sense in playing a non-region game (Upperman)."  He was basically the savior 4-5 weeks ago.  I'll say it,  TC got thumped by a smaller, slower, but more determined/hard nosed team in H20.  Hate to call the TC faithful out, but you really don't have any excuses, your team (especially all the players on D who was going to live in H20's backfield) got handed a TRUE L tonight. Fire back as you may, but make sure you make some sense when you do.  All that being said, anyone tell me who H20 gets in the 1st Round?     

Well said!!!!  If someone would have told me before the game that H20 would only throw 4 passes and rush for almost 250 yards between the tackles with a 140 lb back I would have called you crazy. The  H20 line physically whipped TC from beginning to end. As far as out of game shape for Tc they had hands on hips and legs crossed before the end of 1st quarter.  That dont happen in a few weeks it happens from not being in shape all year and not being hit in the mouth . All the seniors stepped up for h20 ,and the real #55 was in purple and white last night he was pancaking people 10 -20yards down field. Great coaching !

Edited by Katdaddy

Two great programs that have been flagship for 2A. 

9 times out of 10 TC wins games like these.  Big regular season games with big stakes. They are still East contenders and have a chance to go to Cookeville, like almost every year. 

If you wouldve told me the Watertown would lose to Gordy and come back and beat TC in the regular season finale, I'd have given you a breathalyzer. True resiliency from the Purples and peaking at the right time. Congrats on a huge win. 

Nice season for both teams. Good luck the rest of the way

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RTD said:

The man just sitting at Oakland winning rings coaching a team that is ranked top 10 in all of high school football. Coached the Oakland freshmen team to 4 undefeated seasons and he lives in TC. But nope Blake hires the OC from within the staff and takes play-calling duties himself. TC still has the same issues as the offense. 

But b. satt chose to promote the middle school coach to co-OC and call plays himself??  Good grief.  

1 hour ago, Katdaddy said:

Well said!!!!  If someone would have told me before the game that H20 would only throw 4 passes and rush for almost 250 yards between the tackles with a 140 lb back I would have called you crazy. The  H20 line physically whipped TC from beginning to end. As far as out of game shape for Tc they had hands on hips and legs crossed before the end of 1st quarter.  That dont happen in a few weeks it happens from not being in shape all year and not being hit in the mouth . All the seniors stepped up for h20 ,and the real #55 was in purple and white last night he was pancaking people 10 -20yards down field. Great coaching !

I agree