Trenton v Huntingdon

horse

Congratulations to Huntington. They do seam to be getting better as the year progresses. They are peaking at the right time and should be a force to go deal with in the playoffs!

Trenton is Trenton! My opinion of Trenton hasn’t changed at all. They are a class act, win, loose or draw! I wasn’t at the game but was keeping up with the score on CoachT, and the halftime score didn’t put up any red flags for me. Trenton is a 4 quarter team and has on many occasions come from behind and pulled the W in the last half  of the game. It obviously wasn’t in the cards last night but, I still say The path to the Gold Ball in 1A goes through Peabody! JMO

Good luck to both teams next week and during the playoffs!

4 hours ago, Archiewho said:

Congrats to Huntingdon, great game.  Well deserved win, it was their night for sure, and great atmosphere in their stadium!  Couple of takeaways from the game.

1.  Huntingdon is the real deal. They totally dictated the tempo of the game.  There were about 4-5 swing plays in this game and they won them all.  Hats off.  They were better last night.  They are a serious threat to win state in 2A if they dictate like that.

2. A big reason Peabody had an off night was because their opponent was locked in but literally nothing went their way last night for the first time in a long time, and playing from behind the whole game changed the playbook completely. 

3. I don’t always think losing is good for a team, but i really think Peabody losing this game might be better for them than if they won it.  The streak was incredible but it really was becoming too much added pressure on the players and the coaches and in some ways maybe kept them from getting better.  It might be the thing that gives them a reset and puts them over the top to compete for another title.

4.  Great atmosphere, great game, both communities should be proud of their teams and congratulations to Huntingdon!

Very good assessment for sure.  

3 hours ago, Archiewho said:

No serious poster from Trenton or West TN believes Trenton will run rule McKenzie.  I truly think that Trenton played a completely different Huntingdon team than McKenzie did earlier this year, but they won by 20 and Trenton lost by 20

Huntingdon is a different animal now.  If they played last night, that being Rebels and Stangs, that score could easily be reversed.  

2 hours ago, Wildcard1 said:

Congratulations to Huntington. They do seam to be getting better as the year progresses. They are peaking at the right time and should be a force to go deal with in the playoffs!

Trenton is Trenton! My opinion of Trenton hasn’t changed at all. They are a class act, win, loose or draw! I wasn’t at the game but was keeping up with the score on CoachT, and the halftime score didn’t put up any red flags for me. Trenton is a 4 quarter team and has on many occasions come from behind and pulled the W in the last half  of the game. It obviously wasn’t in the cards last night but, I still say The path to the Gold Ball in 1A goes through Peabody! JMO

Good luck to both teams next week and during the playoffs!

Thanks wildcard

Peabody only had 3 days to prepare for this beast of an offense.  Stangs had two weeks.  I still believe both teams were well prepared.  Our coaches are the hardest workers in Tennessee.  We are very pleased with them.  Those kids from Huntingdon came to play.  It was no denying.  I wish I could see the Westview and Stang game. One will win it all against Meigs.  But don't count Meigs out.

Just now, Wediditagain said:

Peabody only had 3 days to prepare for this beast of an offense.  Stangs had two weeks.  I still believe both teams were well prepared.  Our coaches are the hardest workers in Tennessee.  We are very pleased with them.  Those kids from Huntingdon came to play.  It was no denying.  I wish I could see the Westview and Stang game. One will win it all against Meigs.  But don't count Meigs out.

Neither team could really stop the other.  The difference in the game was line play on the edges.  Its hard to tackle when two blockers are leading the way.  WingT is so hard to defend.  UC and Stangs will be a good matchup but I think Huntingdon has too much for the Tornadoes.  Good luck to both teams and stay injury free.