Trenton v Huntingdon

horse

4 minutes ago, cofo said:

not taking it from the kids...great win...but that had to be the only time in the history of football that a team got in the the victory formation....and lost....but that's history...Peabody will be fine...talented and well coached...

I just seen where a college team did that online the other day lol. 

1 minute ago, vandyfan1 said:

I just seen where a college team did that online the other day lol. 

I know what you're talking about. Theirs was bad, but not quite that bad. They were in field goal range to win the game with the clock running and the QB kneeled instead of spiking the ball. Major brain fart. Lol.

Edited by sportsnutz

40 minutes ago, cofo said:

not taking it from the kids...great win...but that had to be the only time in the history of football that a team got in the the victory formation....and lost....but that's history...Peabody will be fine...talented and well coached...

Football is a crazy thing sometimes...  Line up in the victory formation and do not come home as the winner.....  I have never seen it before.

1 hour ago, sportsnutz said:

I saw the same thing. Also saw Ganaway in tears as I was coming down to the field and felt like I had to say something to him. I told him keep his head up, cuz he had a HECK of a game. And Trenton ain't done yet.

Hats off to them. That is a dangerous football team. They are who I expected them to be. So happy that the Mustangs were able to rise to the occasion. Hopefully this win gives them the confidence to make a deep playoff run.

All you Peabody folks, nothing but respect from our side for the team you guys have. Good luck the rest of the year.. The streak may be over, but you still have a FOURTH CONSECUTIVE state title to go win.

We appreciate your comments.  I forgot what crow taste like and now I remember vividly.  You guys wanted it more and it showedd.  Everyone talks about Swenson.  Please give him credit for a well coach game.  He prepared his team very well.

My hats off to to Peabody.  We get everybody's best.  And if this is Huntingdon's best, they will be a hard out for sure. 

1 hour ago, 1983 said:

I don’t know I still think Trenton is better than McKenzie.  I think this mustang team beats mckenzie right now.  This mustang team has improved as much as any time in a season as I have seen in a while.  Great job by the coaching staff this season.  This team has great chemistry and leadership!  Hats off to Trenton on an amazing winning streak!

I agree with you man.  This is a good assessment. I watched the McKenzie / Huntingdon game.  That is a different Mustang team for game 1. 

Congratulations to the Mustangs and the Mustang fans here.. You've got a Heck of a team over there now and for the future.. A deserved win tonight and best wishes going forward to the playoffs...

While this one's stings we knew a day would come when someone outplayed us and that happened tonight. We couldn't be more proud of our Tide and the tremendous accomplishment the past 4 seasons and the light that has been shining bright on our program, our school, our community and all of the tremendous young men who have done the work and made it happen.... Thank you Peabody Golden Tide Football!!!

3 minutes ago, TideRolls said:

Congratulations to the Mustangs and the Mustang fans here.. You've got a Heck of a team over there now and for the future.. A deserved win tonight and best wishes going forward to the playoffs...

While this one's stings we knew a day would come when someone outplayed us and that happened tonight. We couldn't be more proud of our Tide and the tremendous accomplishment the past 4 seasons and the light that has been shining bright on our program, our school, our community and all of the tremendous young men who have done the work and made it happen.... Thank you Peabody Golden Tide Football!!!

And the beat goes on.......................just you wait

6 minutes ago, TideRolls said:

The light hasn't gone out on you guys. You are still the team to beat in 1A. You're right, the streak had to end at some point. Better to do it here in a game that was really meaningless in the grand scheme of things vs have it happen deep in the playoffs.

Peabody will be better because of this loss. I have no doubt with the talent, coaching, and passion your team has that this game will light a fire under them and they will play with a chip on their shoulders for the rest of the year.

Time to start the next streak!

• Like 1