Halls vs Daniel Boone

Williams

7 hours ago, HTV said:

The TSSAA charges a per game tV broadcast/streaming fee for playoff games. They own the rights, unlike the regular season when the individual schools own them. DCM doesn't generate enough revenues to pay those fees.  But they do the streaming broadcast production for the NHSF Network, who is a partner affiliate with the TSSAA, meaning the TSSAA makes revenue from it.  You can get it on a TV Roku app and subscribe for a month for $10.99 and see the 1st 4 rounds. You can watch them live or on demand, all of the games from about a dozen states including Tennessee, that you want. 

Really not a bad deal for $10.99. 

Thanks HTV, I'll get the app. They carried the games last year, wonder if fees went up?

4 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

Thanks HTV, I'll get the app. They carried the games last year, wonder if fees went up?

From what I was told, they weren't supposed to have streamed them on their website last year and got busted.  

I don't know what the current fees are that the TSSAA requires.  If memory serves, back before I retired it was in the $800 per game range, and like I said that particular streaming group just doesn't do enough revenue to pay those. 

I watch the NFHS app via Roku on my big screen, or you can watch on a computer or tablet.  

Edited by HTV

10 hours ago, SweetScience said:

The REAL DB wins. The first step to a 5A state championship, right, Blazer1set?!

Anyone who was at the game and not just reading the final score knows that Halls deserved to win last night, they were clearly the better team and they outplayed us nearly all night long.     Our kids played hard, don't get me wrong, it's just that Halls was the better team last night.    I was impressed with Halls on both sides of the ball, they had a stifling defense, Boone did not get a first-down until very late in the 2nd quarter.    But in the end our kids stepped up and made the plays where it counted.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 10:35 AM, blazer1set said:

Anyone who was at the game and not just reading the final score knows that Halls deserved to win last night, they were clearly the better team and they outplayed us nearly all night long.     Our kids played hard, don't get me wrong, it's just that Halls was the better team last night.    I was impressed with Halls on both sides of the ball, they had a stifling defense, Boone did not get a first-down until very late in the 2nd quarter.    But in the end our kids stepped up and made the plays where it counted.

Disagree. The way I see it, Halls got in the red zone twice in the first half and only came away with 6 points. That's a victory for Boone's defense. After the half Boone made some adjustments but still, after a 1st down pass we try the the SAME run play 3x with no gain and punt? Finally towards the end of the 3rd we start moving the chains with a combo of passing, runs and QB scrambles for 1st downs.  Boone made some great offensive plays to get in the end zone twice- including that huge 4th and 31 51 yard pass play.  Defensively, while they did let them score 1 TD they stopped the 2-point conversion which was key. Then the big interception at the end to seal it. So I disagree- the better team won, it just took awhile for them to get going. Thankfully the defense keep us in it all night until the offense started clicking.  

Edited by BystanderMom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BystanderMom said:

Disagree. The way I see it, Halls got in the red zone twice in the first half and only came away with 6 points. That's a victory for Boone's defense. After the half Boone made some adjustments but still, after a 1st down pass we try the the SAME run play 3x with no gain and punt? Finally towards the end of the 3rd we start moving the chains with a combo of passing, runs and QB scrambles for 1st downs.  Boone made some great offensive plays to get in the end zone twice- including that huge 4th and 31 51 yard pass play.  Defensively, while they did let them score 1 TD they stopped the 2-point conversion which was key. Then the big interception at the end to seal it. So I disagree- the better team won, it just took awhile for them to get going. Thankfully the defense keep us in it all night until the offense started clicking.  

Boone's defense has been stout all year and you're right, that is what kept us in the game.    Let's hope we can pull out a "W" against Central.     I am so tired of NET teams losing to Knoxville, would really be nice to get on a 2-0 run.    Oh one other thing, our punter consistently pinned Halls back, his kicks were outstanding.     Special teams play is actually pretty good this year and we are going to need all that and more against Central.