Copper Basin @ Gordonsville Round 1

croz6110

17 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

The O line was better on the 2014 team but that's probably it. 2014 didn't have a 28,7,2,75, or 57  not that it really matters but I think this years team has a lot more athletes and is overall a better team than 2014. 

I think the problem with pitt is 7 cannot throw to win a game and they cannot run up the middle. I think that pitt will get outcoached but their dL and Kelly should win them the game handily. I hope gordy plans on running something other than man and also gets prepared to be able to not pass 

2 minutes ago, TheOneRiddler said:

I think the problem with pitt is 7 cannot throw to win a game and they cannot run up the middle. I think that pitt will get outcoached but their dL and Kelly should win them the game handily. I hope gordy plans on running something other than man and also gets prepared to be able to not pass 

7 can throw to win games. He's comfortable in the pocket and has decent vision. He's had a few off games earlier in the season and delt with an injury early on but if given the opportunity he has the ability.  Not many in 1a will matchup well with 28 one on one but it will depend on how often they let 7 throw down field. If the O line can get a push Kelly is a very dangerous back. Has speed power and good size.  DL has been solid all year and with 75 back just made it even more solid.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheOneRiddler said:

Best South Pitt passing wise I’ve seen them have. Not that it’s saying much since it’s typically generic run plays in the past. If 7 played last year Pirates win state. I’m just keeping it real

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Best South Pitt passing wise I’ve seen them have. Not that it’s saying much since it’s typically generic run plays in the past. If 7 played last year Pirates win state. I’m just keeping it real

No offense but it doesn’t have to be very good to be better passing than we’ve endured here. I think this SP team finds a way to win the next two weeks but I expect Gordonsville to be big and physical like they always are. 

20 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

Who was our RB that season? I don’t remember any dynamic players on that team. We did have some hard nosed kids though. That SP Basin game was the famous cheeseburger gate game. lol

Not Tristan Blevins.  You got the names right but two different people.  Chase Blevins and Tristan Adams.  Kennemore was a freshman and started at safety.  We had some talent but didn’t have a good enough coach for them, obviously from the fact that the very next year several of those same guys turned a complete 180 with Grider’s 2nd stint as coach.