Memphis Central @ Springfield Rd 2

Kevin38

41 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

I hope this prediction of yours is correct, while your round 3 prediction is wrong :D

I don’t think Springfield or Henry County lose in round 2 unless they implode. I’m not sure why, but I’m just leaning toward a HC win in the rematch… hope I’m wrong. 

Looking forward to seeing Central’s running attack, with #10 being a top back in the state, against Springfield’s D. The brothers Wilson always have good defenses, but this years edition could possibly be the best that has been at Springfield in 30 years or more. Never saw a more sound, disciplined bunch on that side of the ball in Springfield. Maybe @LEON could give his thoughts on this unit compared to past Defenses since his historical knowledge of Jacket football is the best around. 

Looks like the offense has found a rhythm since the Portland, and play calling has came around thankfully. They are finally at full strength and clicking along. Hopefully it will carry into a deep playoff run.

6 minutes ago, eers said:

:roflol:

Ok. Ok. TBH I have no real preference, but… I think HC has a better chance to win the whole thing and would much rather see that than a team from the East. 

I'm just messing with you. If I wasn't a HC fan I'd probably be pulling for Springfield as well. The Jackets are easy to root for. They're like an underdog that isn't really an underdog, but is still somehow an underdog. 

22 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

I'm just messing with you. If I wasn't a HC fan I'd probably be pulling for Springfield as well. The Jackets are easy to root for. They're like an underdog that isn't really an underdog, but is still somehow an underdog. 

We like that situation.  It allowed us to make it the championship game twice under Coach Wilson’s leadership

Edited by TheCommissioner

There’s a whole lot of truth to that. Like they shouldn’t be, but somehow they are even when they’re the favorite.

The truth is, over the course of the last several years, I feel like I have made a connection with several posters/fans of both schools. This would really be a game that I wouldn’t want either team to lose.

Now… both of you need to go out and at least make the first part of that prediction happen. 

26 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

I thinks it's because the Jackets are outsized in every game they play. We never seem to have the big hogs upfront, but always make up for it in strength, toughness, and execution. 

Last night looking over at Brighton, I was thinking how nice it would be to have some of thier size up front, then the game started and I was like nevermind.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DANR said:

I thinks it's because the Jackets are outsized in every game they play. We never seem to have the big hogs upfront, but always make up for it in strength, toughness, and execution. 

Last night looking over at Brighton, I was thinking how nice it would be to have some of thier size up front, then the game started and I was like nevermind.

I agree.  Brighton had some meat on the DL.  It didn't do them much good though.  Our OL opened HUGE holes for our RBs and they gave Devon all kinds of time to pass