#2 West Ridge @ #1 Maryville: Round 2

WestRidge

6 minutes ago, WestRidge said:

The wolves of West Ridge travels to Maryville to play the Red Rebels. I don't know what to say but it might get ugly

I know West Ridge is a new school and new to the 6A threads and playing against Maryville , so let me be the first to tell you this is not the official thread. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gunner0331 said:

Good opportunity for the Wolves. The last team from upper East Tn. that beat Maryville was Ketron. That was in 1972. Win or lose, the pack did outstanding in its first year. Better that expected. I’m proud of these young men and their coaches. Go Wolves!!

Ketron merged with Lynn View in 1980 to become Sullivan North.     In 2021 Sullivan North, Sullivan Central and Sullivan South merged into a new school called..... hold on.... er, uh, I can't seem to recall .....

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Ketron merged with Lynn View in 1980 to become Sullivan North.     In 2021 Sullivan North, Sullivan Central and Sullivan South merged into a new school called..... hold on.... er, uh, I can't seem to recall .....

Alls I gotta say is…..How bout dem Blazers?! State bound, maybe???

Edited by SweetScience

Ketron Wildcats had decent football teams when they were a school. They were blue and white and wore the same uniforms Kentucky wore. The last time Maryville played them was in 75 in the playoffs and won 21-14.  It was cold and snowing and the field was a total sloppy mess, I was there. I could never really understand why Sullivan North who replaced that school was never that good but I don't know the area that well or what goes on for that to happen.

9 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Ketron Wildcats had decent football teams when they were a school. They were blue and white and wore the same uniforms Kentucky wore. The last time Maryville played them was in 75 in the playoffs and won 21-14.  It was cold and snowing and the field was a total sloppy mess, I was there. I could never really understand why Sullivan North who replaced that school was never that good but I don't know the area that well or what goes on for that to happen.

Undefeated Rebel team went to Ketron in 1972 in the first round of the playoffs and lost 26 - 0. It was cold then too if I remember right. 

Edited by OldRebel2

19 hours ago, Gunner0331 said:

Good opportunity for the Wolves. The last team from upper East Tn. that beat Maryville was Ketron. That was in 1972. Win or lose, the pack did outstanding in its first year. Better that expected. I’m proud of these young men and their coaches. Go Wolves!!

This is because Maryville has never played Boone.      Okay, okay, I'm just kidding.....    I think ...... yeah, yeah, just kidding.....