McKenzie vs Cornersville

VOLnWTN

1 hour ago, Salem said:

Cornersville's front 7 are as physical as anyone in 1A. They lack depth and team speed. I've only seen McKenzie in highlights against Huntingdon and they were impressive. If Cornersville plays mistake free and grinds out first downs it could be a 20-14 game. If they have turnovers, get behind, and have to throw it could be a rout. 

Yeah I think you are right but it’s worth noting the Huntingdon guys have said they hadnt decided the starters and were rotating at the qb position and other positions in that game. 

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

Yeah I think you are right but it’s worth noting the Huntingdon guys have said they hadnt decided the starters and were rotating at the qb position and other positions in that game. 

And in the Clay County game Cornersville was without a top senior RB (and LB) and lineman (plays both ways). So essentially 4 key starters. Depth is a huge issue and there's no way they can hang with that RB in the open field. They need to slow the game down and control time of possession. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Salem said:

And in the Clay County game Cornersville was without a top senior RB (and LB) and lineman (plays both ways). So essentially 4 key starters. Depth is a huge issue and there's no way they can hang with that RB in the open field. They need to slow the game down and control time of possession. 

Key to beating McKenzie is to not let Taylor get started,not a easy task but if you can disrupt his burst you can beat McKenzie

27 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Key to beating McKenzie is to not let Taylor get started,not a easy task but if you can disrupt his burst you can beat McKenzie

7 minutes ago, REBFAN07 said:

One better double,even triple #7 if ya gonna stop him. May slow him up, but better not give him a step!

McKenzie has more weapons than Taylor but you guys know that. If Cville comes in thinking if they can stop #7 they got get the W then they are wrong. I think Cville will try their best and do what they can but I see multiple score victory here guys.

8 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

McKenzie has more weapons than Taylor but you guys know that. If Cville comes in thinking if they can stop #7 they got get the W then they are wrong. I think Cville will try their best and do what they can but I see multiple score victory here guys.

Have you seen there competitive games ?  I don’t think we know how good they are as a whole. I mean we know Taylor is good 

4 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Have you seen there competitive games ?  I don’t think we know how good they are as a whole. I mean we know Taylor is good 

QB is pretty good also. They have dominated everyone so bad this year it’s hard to tell how good they really are! 
BUT,

If you remember we have said that about you guys also over the past couple of years and look at what have done. A good team is a good team and most of us can realize that. I ain’t tell you anything you don’t already know. Should be a good match up when you two play.

Edited by vandyfan1

5 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

QB is pretty good also. They have dominated everyone so bad this year it’s hard to tell how good they really are! 
BUT,

If you remember we have said that about you guys also over the past couple of years and look at what have done. A good team is a good team and most of us can realize that. I ain’t tell you anything you don’t already know. Should be a good match up when you two play.

Cassidy is good I think he more of a threat to run than throw. I just think cornersville plays in to their weakness. I honestly think mckenzie wins but cornersville has a chance like a 30% chance unlike their other uncompetitive games where  their opponent had a 1% chance lol