McKenzie vs Cornersville

VOLnWTN

34 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

McKenzie has more weapons than Taylor but you guys know that. If Cville comes in thinking if they can stop #7 they got get the W then they are wrong. I think Cville will try their best and do what they can but I see multiple score victory here guys.

Haven’t really seen them I know they lost a lot but Cassidy is a stud as well, again a good Dline with give them a chance against the Rebs

3 hours ago, Salem said:

Cornersville's front 7 are as physical as anyone in 1A. They lack depth and team speed. I've only seen McKenzie in highlights against Huntingdon and they were impressive. If Cornersville plays mistake free and grinds out first downs it could be a 20-14 game. If they have turnovers, get behind, and have to throw it could be a rout. 

Cornersville Offense has seemed to improve as the season has gone on creating different looks not allowing teams to load the box. Mckenzie doesn't have a lot of size in the trenches that's a concern going into this game with what you mentioned about how physical cornersville is 

• Upvote 1

After reading all of these post, the one thing no one has mentioned is the other factor: Comer.  Probably one of the best at dissecting tendencies and "making" the defense get into what he wants them in.  If you watch any of our game film, it is very rare that Jackson Cassidy looks to the sideline to change a play.  Why is that?  See sentence two.

It is true.  Marquez Taylor is usually our first option.  But, as many of you have noted, we have more than just him.  Cassidy can hurt you with his legs and arm.  McCreary will run over you.  Our receivers Webber, Aird, and Cole have good hands.  Our TE's, Anderson and Cook, will catch you sleeping and take a 5 yard hot route 30 plus yards.  

This is going to be a good one. Can't wait for Friday to get here. Kick-off temp in McKenzie is 43.  TRUE FOOTBALL WEATHER! 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

After reading all of these post, the one thing no one has mentioned is the other factor: Comer.  Probably one of the best at dissecting tendencies and "making" the defense get into what he wants them in.  If you watch any of our game film, it is very rare that Jackson Cassidy looks to the sideline to change a play.  Why is that?  See sentence two.

It is true.  Marquez Taylor is usually our first option.  But, as many of you have noted, we have more than just him.  Cassidy can hurt you with his legs and arm.  McCreary will run over you.  Our receivers Webber, Aird, and Cole have good hands.  Our TE's, Anderson and Cook, will catch you sleeping and take a 5 yard hot route 30 plus yards.  

This is going to be a good one. Can't wait for Friday to get here. Kick-off temp in McKenzie is 43.  TRUE FOOTBALL WEATHER! 

Good post sir

1 hour ago, VOLnWTN said:

Great post... I've been trying to avoid it all day but sure was hoping everyone thought we only had taylor and based us off a "schedule "

We can only play the hand we are delt?  Chester co is 3 or 4 a , not sure which. Obion co is 4 a? And no clue what satchwatch co is but they made a long drive for a tail kickin?? McKenzie will be fine this round and long as the focus on this round. Comer will be prepared, and i hope these boys know what is possible, as long as they stay focused!!!!

2 hours ago, REBFAN07 said:

We can only play the hand we are delt?  Chester co is 3 or 4 a , not sure which. Obion co is 4 a? And no clue what satchwatch co is but they made a long drive for a tail kickin?? McKenzie will be fine this round and long as the focus on this round. Comer will be prepared, and i hope these boys know what is possible, as long as they stay focused!!!!

Chester county and obion are worse than Dresden it doesn’t matter whether they 3a 4a or 5a 

12 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Obion Central beat Dresden 27 to 20 this year so I don't know that they are worse than Dresden.

They (Obion County) have a 1000 yard rusher and were pretty good size across the line. They just couldn’t hang with our speed. 

Edited by VOLnWTN
  • Like 1