On to round 2 pearl Cohn @ Hardin County

Tigersandcats

King - No disagreement from me on that at all. I completely agree as a competitor you measure yourself against the best. In 3A, year in and year out for what seems like forever it has been Alcoa. Very few 3A teams can match Alcoa in any given year, much less regularly. I honestly can't think of one single 3A team that can compete with Alcoa on a yearly basis. However, in metro, PC is the measuring stick inside of metro. PC takes on some of the best competition in Nashville. Look at their schedule. I don't think there is anything wrong with metro teams trying to catch up to PC, while at the same time competing for the state title. And I will add, PC has been arguably the most successful metro team. Why not use them as a local measuring stick? I am not connected to any metro team. I attended metro schools my entire K-12 years, my family all attended metro schools, and most of my family worked for metro schools. I wish them all the best in the playoffs. 

I just saw where Brown is officially out this week. That is certainly a blow to PC. He is a special player that will not be replaced. The question is can PC get it done without him. I still feel like it will be a close game. I'll stick to my original prediction but I am a little less confident. 

6 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

King - No disagreement from me on that at all. I completely agree as a competitor you measure yourself against the best. In 3A, year in and year out for what seems like forever it has been Alcoa. Very few 3A teams can match Alcoa in any given year, much less regularly. I honestly can't think of one single 3A team that can compete with Alcoa on a yearly basis. However, in metro, PC is the measuring stick inside of metro. PC takes on some of the best competition in Nashville. Look at their schedule. I don't think there is anything wrong with metro teams trying to catch up to PC, while at the same time competing for the state title. And I will add, PC has been arguably the most successful metro team. Why not use them as a local measuring stick? I am not connected to any metro team. I attended metro schools my entire K-12 years, my family all attended metro schools, and most of my family worked for metro schools. I wish them all the best in the playoffs. 

I just saw where Brown is officially out this week. That is certainly a blow to PC. He is a special player that will not be replaced. The question is can PC get it done without him. I still feel like it will be a close game. I'll stick to my original prediction but I am a little less confident. 

Again I’m not taking anything from PC year in year out they have the athletes to compete with and beat Alcoa. The difference however is the continuity. Those kids at Alcoa have been on the same team since little league with a couple of guys sprinkled in here and there. PC is getting talent from all over the place and trying to mesh it together in 4 years compared to 10-11 years together. That’s the model that the Rutherford county schools are taking on with kids coming up through there youth programs. I will say this look at every team that won state last year and that will win this year. Then look at the weekly fan support they  get heck take a look at their student sections then go to a metro home game that is not a rivalry game and tell me what you see. The support isn’t there from the school system or the school community unless it’s a big rivalry game. 

Agree on all points again. At one time, when I was growing up, metro was like the surrounding counties are now. It's a shame what it has become. No fan support st all. That's why guys like firebird and fan get my respect. I'll even add in old ENasty. 

I agree Rutherford County is going at it the right way. Oakland, Blackman, Smyrna, SC, and LaVergne all have youth leagues. Blackmans youth program is top notch and is ran by a former metro player. 

I think we agree on most fronts. What's your take on the PC game this week? 

1 minute ago, workinprogress said:

Agree on all points again. At one time, when I was growing up, metro was like the surrounding counties are now. It's a shame what it has become. No fan support st all. That's why guys like firebird and fan get my respect. I'll even add in old ENasty. 

I agree Rutherford County is going at it the right way. Oakland, Blackman, Smyrna, SC, and LaVergne all have youth leagues. Blackmans youth program is top notch and is ran by a former metro player. 

It will be tough without #7. That’s a big blow when the games have gotten tough he has been the problem solver for them. On the road against a team that was going to give you fits anyway.  I now have to lean towards Hardin to take the win, but I wouldn’t be surprised if PC wins they have won the other games that he has missed but how long can they keep that up. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, workinprogress said:

It should be a good one. I just seen the article that brown can’t play which changes things as far as a leadership role on and off the field. I also seen the video of brown that PC can’t fight because the ref said it was a judgement call lmao something I don’t understand.  He wasn’t  no where near brown. Take it on the Chin and keep pushing.

11 hours ago, KingRB said:

I have no affiliation to either school let me get that out the way first, but if that’s the case then that is why metro hasn’t won anything since Hillsboro. The goal is not to be the best in metro, but the best in the state. PC has won plenty of freshman city championships but what has that translated to a couple of runner-ups. As a competitor I want to measure myself against the teams that complete the job and win state. 

It doesn’t matter how you slice it, PC is the gold standard of metro football. Numbers don’t lie! Far as winning the state the day to day nonsense our coaches go tho, I’m not surprised we can even get out the second round let alone go to state like we have. Alcoa’s of the world don’t have to worry about if their kids have ate when at home, or miss practice to watch little brother or sister. All they have to do is coach so you can’t compare the two!!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

It doesn’t matter how you slice it, PC is the gold standard of metro football. Numbers don’t lie! Far as winning the state the day to day nonsense our coaches go tho, I’m not surprised we can even get out the second round let alone go to state like we have. Alcoa’s of the world don’t have to worry about if their kids have ate when at home, or miss practice to watch little brother or sister. All they have to do is coach so you can’t compare the two!!!

Good post. 

15 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Great post! I love football, but there’s a long list of things much more important. The thoughts of a kid not getting to eat is probably at the top of the list for me. It’s a huge problem even in rural areas like I live in. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/9/2021 at 7:43 AM, workinprogress said:

Come on fan you are better than that. All the respect to PC. Back then and I'm sure still, PC was the measuring stick for EN. I dont remember the team getting any t-shirts that year. But if they did, who cares. I bet if y'all had ever beaten Alcoa y'all would have gotten t-shirts too. 

Don’t get yourself worked up. Firechickens miss playing EN and They’re regretting they moved up. FB quit trying to change the subject since they exiting early this Friday. As y’all would say Time to hit the hardwood.giphy.gif?cid=5e214886pdpdmycvuf8a445aaj