Hampton @ Rockwood 2nd Round

Jet Pride

4 hours ago, Reb1021 said:

Can Rockwood’s line match up with Hampton’s ? Think that will be the question in this game.

I don’t think they can.  However, Rockwood is scrappy and quick. Hampton for sure has the size advantage at the line, but sometimes all it takes is a little more athleticism and speed to get by the bigger guy. Will they be able to do that, who knows?  If Hampton shows up like they can, they should come away with the w.

Edited by Romansfive8

I said it earlier in the season that a fully healthy rockwood team was every bit capable of making a deep run and expected them to meet Meigs the day after thanksgiving. Having the QB back solidifies it for me. Rockwood’s physicality should match Hampton’s. Speed wise it would be hard pressed to be rockwood’s this year. Should be a good game and I’ll take the Tigers at home. 

7 minutes ago, SportsnetWriter2 said:

I said it earlier in the season that a fully healthy rockwood team was every bit capable of making a deep run and expected them to meet Meigs the day after thanksgiving. Having the QB back solidifies it for me. Rockwood’s physicality should match Hampton’s. Speed wise it would be hard pressed to be rockwood’s this year. Should be a good game and I’ll take the Tigers at home. 

Both will have to earn their way, gonna be a chore for both.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SportsnetWriter2 said:

By that ,its sounds like a total mismatch, way to fast and just as physical. I'm not drinking the sauce.

3 hours ago, SportsnetWriter2 said:

Can you tell us what happened between the RW & YI game?  Was that just a bad game for RW and a good one YI?  I do think this will be a good game. I’ve seen both teams play and in order for RW to get the W they’ll have to dominate in the trenches and not have silly penalties. Hampton has a good running back core and their QB is mobile as well.

Hampton will need to not give up the big plays.  They will need to control the clock with the run game and throw in a few RPO’s to keep the defense honest.

Edited by Romansfive8