Round 3: Oneida vs Hampton

Spike016

39 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

Difference is the Hampton fellers have some sense and they know that either team can win this ball game. The SG folks told us all week how great they were and we couldn’t score on them and they would put up 40+ So they are a lot more likable and have a better understanding of football. 

Wouldn't care if I thought we were gonna win by 50, I wouldn't be spewing it on here. And even if we did, I sure wouldn't get on here and Gloat. Serves no purpose.   Now if whoever it was was being foolish, I'd give um a mouth full. Win or lose. I like teams and fans who can win and lose with a little dignity.

10 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Yea but to brag that it was the play of the year is like doping a horse and bragging that it came in first place in the Christmas parade! I mean, heck fire! I'd want people to forget it 

For the record the not 100% Myers started rotating in on defense during the second quarter when we went up 21-0. Didn’t count plays but he is in there so must’ve been feeling pretty good just wasn’t a factor. 

Edited by crow

9 hours ago, crow said:

For the record the not 100% Myers started rotating in on defense during the second quarter when we went up 21-0. Didn’t count plays but he is in there so must’ve been feeling pretty good just wasn’t a factor. 

I've heard a little more but still don't know what to think of it. Whatever the case, you guys earned the right to play Friday night.

35 minutes ago, pujo said:

I've heard a little more but still don't know what to think of it. Whatever the case, you guys earned the right to play Friday night.

That’s right. This time of year nearly every player that sees significant time is nursing a ding or two of some sort regardless of what team it is. Their bodies take a lot of impact over a season. 

Serious question from an SG fan.  Why did Oneida fans seem to be very cautious about predicting a win over SG?  Was it just because of SG's reputation?   What I saw from Oneida was a physical and athletic team with solid RB's and a scrappy QB.  Not to mention a very motivated defense.  Did you guys underachieve in the regular season?  I'm not sure that even with a 100% healthy Myers that SG wins that game.  Oneida was too good.  Good luck to Hamptin and Oneida this week.  Should be a fantastic game.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, SG123171 said:

Serious question from an SG fan.  Why did Oneida fans seem to be very cautious about predicting a win over SG?  Was it just because of SG's reputation?   What I saw from Oneida was a physical and athletic team with solid RB's and a scrappy QB.  Not to mention a very motivated defense.  Did you guys underachieve in the regular season?  I'm not sure that even with a 100% healthy Myers that SG wins that game.  Oneida was too good.  Good luck to Hamptin and Oneida this week.  Should be a fantastic game.

When you only score 7 on Wartburg,  you tend to err on the side of caution 

11 hours ago, crow said:

Thats a little telling in itself, If he was not one of the best defensive players,he would not be put in the game at all. My guess is, they were overconfident. I'm sure he played more defense against us  than any game this year, most of the time ,he was not needed. Its not a big secret, he is their most valuable player.

1 hour ago, pujo said:

Thats a little telling in itself, If he was not one of the best defensive players,he would not be put in the game at all. My guess is, they were overconfident. I'm sure he played more defense against us  than any game this year, most of the time ,he was not needed. Its not a big secret, he is their most valuable player.

I'm going with the overconfidence as well.   Then, they were unable to overcome the initial shock of being controlled on the line.  I think panic set in on the coach when they couldn't convert their 2nd drive.  He got the penalty  and Oneida mashed them. By the time they got it together it was too late