Round 3: Oneida vs Hampton

Spike016

1 hour ago, SG123171 said:

Gotcha!  I just thought you guys looked like a really good team and thought you might have just gotten off to a slow start this year, and got better and better each week.  Anyway, best of luck to you guys

We’ve been extremely unpredictable this year. The team you saw we’ve saw a few weeks. There’s a different version from earlier this season that really liked to fumble. Our only true blow out loss we had 5 turnovers in the first half and 2 of them we our first 2 plays if I’m not mistaken. When we put 4 quarters together we’re usually pretty tough. 

3 hours ago, Spike016 said:

Heck all we heard all week long was how lethal this offense was and how they would stop the run and we would be lucky to score. So I was expecting something ALOT more than what I saw. I’d bout go out on a limb and say SG would finish 3-4 in Oneida region :popcorneater:

There’s no way I could out smack talk you, crow, gcapride (the Methuselah of CT) :roflolk: or lots of others on here. I’m getting soft with my old age :thumb:

Spike threw his is hook & bait out there with the comment above and hooked me:roflol:.  

I’m back from the funeral now and I going to clear my head on here with you CT comrades of that’s ok?!?!  This is my my opinion; some may agree or may not agree and it doesn’t really matter to me if you do or do not! Luke still threw for almost 250 yards against Oneida.  Luke not being able to run is at least 50% of the difference in the game; I know it and a lot of you know it rather you will admit it or not. The other 50% difference in the game was Oneida is a great football team and they showed up ready to play and the coaches had a great game plan & controlled the clock.  I’m going to go out on the limb here and say, If Luke Myers would have been healthy/not injured and the opportunity to run the ball/scramble/tuck it and able to play defense like he did at the Hampton game and games prior; SG would have beat Oneida; no doubts.  But “if” & shoulda, coulda, woulda is gone out the window.
The very 1st game of the season SG & Daniel Boone game was 16-14 going into the very last seconds of that game and SG was driving down to score.  If I remember correctly Luke through an INT in the end zone?? The 2nd game of the season SG & Knox Catholic game.  SG held Knox Catholic to 17points in the 1st half and also had the ball in the red zone twice and the score could have been 17-14 at the half.  Yes SG didn’t capitalize and that was because the coach’s couldn’t get the play calls in and they had more than one delay of game penalties called. 2nd half in early in 3rd qtr coach’s pulled the starters and KC coasted to a shut out victory. Go watch the film. By the way I’m not saying SG would have beat KC because they wouldn’t have, so there’s no need to comment on that.

Moving on - SG’s out the picture now because Oneida won, simple as that. This is a Hampton & Oneida thread and they got the job done when it counted.

Just a little reminder-During the Hampton & SG thread there was all this talk about how SG was going to get beat by 2 or 3 tds, kinda similar to the talk of the SG & Oneida thread.  Funny how those two games turned out isn’t it! :bored:

Now, I’m going to go out on a limb again and say Hampton beats Oneida; Conner Jones is not limited!  And also so I’m not being bias I’m going to pick Oneida on my Kracken bracket for Rnd3. If I’m wrong then after the game please get back on here and tell me how wrong I was.  I like Hot sauce with my crow.  Oh, sorry I meant with my popcorn :popcorneater:

Food for thought, if you’ve not seen any of your love ones lately, go and see them.  Don’t put it off until it’s too late!  That type crow I don’t want anyone to have to eat.  Have a blessed week.

Edited by Romansfive8

Man Romans you are a great guy! I knew eventually the bait would be swallowed :roflolk: I agree with almost everything you stated. If Meyers was truly limited then I hate that for the young man BUT I don’t know if he could have or would have been enough. The Oneida D was on point and probably the best game they played all year. He may have put a little more stress on the D but they was locked in. As far as Hampton goes I know those cats will be ready to play and will be able to match the physicality of Oneida. If they think they can beat Oneida with 1 player in Jones then I like Oneidas chances. Jones is an exceptional athlete but that Oneida D will be more than ready for him. Romans you are a great man and look forward to being able to meet up with you and talk ball in the future. 

10 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

There’s no way I could out smack talk you, crow, gcapride (the Methuselah of CT) :roflolk: or lots of others on here. I’m getting soft with my old age :thumb:

Spike threw his is hook & bait out there with the comment above and hooked me:roflol:.  

I’m back from the funeral now and I going to clear my head on here with you CT comrades of that’s ok?!?!  This is my my opinion; some may agree or may not agree and it doesn’t really matter to me if you do or do not! Luke still threw for almost 250 yards against Oneida.  Luke not being able to run is at least 50% of the difference in the game; I know it and a lot of you know it rather you will admit it or not. The other 50% difference in the game was Oneida is a great football team and they showed up ready to play and the coaches had a great game plan & controlled the clock.  I’m going to go out on the limb here and say, If Luke Myers would have been healthy/not injured and the opportunity to run the ball/scramble/tuck it and able to play defense like he did at the Hampton game and games prior; SG would have beat Oneida; no doubts.  But “if” & shoulda, coulda, woulda is gone out the window.
The very 1st game of the season SG & Daniel Boone game was 16-14 going into the very last seconds of that game and SG was driving down to score.  If I remember correctly Luke through an INT in the end zone?? The 2nd game of the season SG & Knox Catholic game.  SG held Knox Catholic to 17points in the 1st half and also had the ball in the red zone twice and the score could have been 17-14 at the half.  Yes SG didn’t capitalize and that was because the coach’s couldn’t get the play calls in and they had more than one delay of game penalties called. 2nd half in early in 3rd qtr coach’s pulled the starters and KC coasted to a shut out victory. Go watch the film. By the way I’m not saying SG would have beat KC because they wouldn’t have, so there’s no need to comment on that.

Moving on - SG’s out the picture now because Oneida won, simple as that. This is a Hampton & Oneida thread and they got the job done when it counted.

Just a little reminder-During the Hampton & SG thread there was all this talk about how SG was going to get beat by 2 or 3 tds, kinda similar to the talk of the SG & Oneida thread.  Funny how those two games turned out isn’t it! :bored:

Now, I’m going to go out on a limb again and say Hampton beats Oneida; Conner Jones is not limited!  And also so I’m not being bias I’m going to pick Oneida on my Kracken bracket for Rnd3. If I’m wrong then after the game please get back on here and tell me how wrong I was.  I like Hot sauce with my crow.  Oh, sorry I meant with my popcorn :popcorneater:

Food for thought, if you’ve not seen any of your love ones lately, go and see them.  Don’t put it off until it’s too late!  That type crow I don’t want anyone to have to eat.  Have a blessed week.

If if if. They threw for 250 because they were unable to run. Nobody expected to shut down SG completely. We did take away the run, then they became one dimensional and we made enough plays. They had zero answer for us on offense Myers or not. 12 games in everyone has injuries. Hampton and Oneida will deal with them this week as well. Run what ya bring and next man up. If a single injury derails your season then not a lot of diversity in a case like that. It’s the major draw back of an offense that relies so heavily on a single player to do it all but I get it. Do what ya can with what ya have. Myers is a dandy but to expect him to single handily carry the team is unfair to him even though for 4 years now that is exactly what has been expected and he has given everything he has trying to do just that and did it well I might add. To pin the loss on him not being 100% is just a continuation of the unrealistic expectations that young man has dealt with for 4 years and by all accounts he has answered the call better than most could hope to. 

21 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

Man Romans you are a great guy! I knew eventually the bait would be swallowed :roflolk: I agree with almost everything you stated. If Meyers was truly limited then I hate that for the young man BUT I don’t know if he could have or would have been enough. The Oneida D was on point and probably the best game they played all year. He may have put a little more stress on the D but they was locked in. As far as Hampton goes I know those cats will be ready to play and will be able to match the physicality of Oneida. If they think they can beat Oneida with 1 player in Jones then I like Oneidas chances. Jones is an exceptional athlete but that Oneida D will be more than ready for him. Romans you are a great man and look forward to being able to meet up with you and talk ball in the future. 

Looks like my hook & bait worked :) .  Hope to meet you one day my friend.

Edited by Romansfive8

11 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

Promise you Hampton will not try to beat you with one player, He'll be a big part but I'd keep my eyes open for a few more. We try to use 11. Those cats in the backfield are worth nothing without the one's in front of them. 

In SG,s case every single thing they did started with #1, I,ve thought for several weeks that he was hampered and told several people that if he was not mobile we would not see SG again. They wouldn't have beat Monterey either. 

Just now, pujo said:

Promise you Hampton will not try to beat you with one player, He'll be a big part but I'd keep my eyes open for a few more. We try to use 11. Those cats in the backfield are worth nothing without the one's in front of them. 

In SG,s case every single thing they did started with #1, I,ve thought for several weeks that he was hampered and told several people that if he was not mobile we would not see SG again. They wouldn't have beat Monterey either. 

I’m looking forward to this Hampton matchup. It’s gonna be a slobber knocker just like a 3rd round game should be. 

23 minutes ago, crow said:

If if if. They threw for 250 because they were unable to run. Nobody expected to shut down SG completely. We did take away the run, then they became one dimensional and we made enough plays. They had zero answer for us on offense Myers or not. 12 games in everyone has injuries. Hampton and Oneida will deal with them this week as well. Run what ya bring and next man up. If a single injury derails your season then not a lot of diversity in a case like that. It’s the major draw back of an offense that relies so heavily on a single player to do it all but I get it. Do what ya can with what ya have. Myers is a dandy but to expect him to single handily carry the team is unfair to him even though for 4 years now that is exactly what has been expected and he has given everything he has trying to do just that and did it well I might add. To pin the loss on him not being 100% is just a continuation of the unrealistic expectations that young man has dealt with for 4 years and by all accounts he has answered the call better than most could hope to. 

# 2 in the bag.  That was good bait I threw out there wouldn’t you say my friend :).  Next man up I agree almost.  1a, 2a & even some 3a’s the depth is not as deep.  Yeah a lot of if, if if, out there, but one is a true if and that is Oneida won BOOHYAH :roflol:  

# 3 is still out there gcapride.  If he takes the bait, he for sure pull me out of the boat and into the water and eat me up like a great white shark :o

Edited by Romansfive8

30 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

Were like butter Spike,we use more people than about anyone you will see. Jones could be bigger on defense than offence, then again he could very well have a huge night on offence. Heck of a player. You'll see several different #s Friday night. I'd give you the #S butt I can,t think of all of um, its a bunch.