Round 3: Oneida vs Hampton

Spike016

39 minutes ago, pujo said:

Thats a little telling in itself, If he was not one of the best defensive players,he would not be put in the game at all. My guess is, they were overconfident. I'm sure he played more defense against us  than any game this year, most of the time ,he was not needed. Its not a big secret, he is their most valuable player.

No over confident going on at SG Mr. Pujo. Hats off to Oneida, they are a good team and deserved the win! They are a Hampton but bigger and quicker! It was study to the fullest and knew it would be a battle. Myers most definitely has an Injury which would be season ending for most but not for him. If you guys on here had really been studying football over the last 6wks you would know that Myers hasn’t played defense or ran the ball since Hampton, he was on the field ever snap, in EVERY game from offensive, defensive, punter, holder, and whatever else was needed before Hampton and during Hampton (not just for Hampton). Only took 6 SNAPS for weeks after Hampton.  SG didn’t get a covid loss to GP to recover! Figured all the football Guru’s on here would have gotten that. Let’s move to the horse collar! After Myers injury which he thought it was broken and everyone else did too, was told he was done. He checked himself back into that game just like he did against Oneida on defense. He’s earned that right.  As far as plenties go Myers was called for a chop block which maybe needs to put on YouTube, the kid was carrying the ball. That’s called a tackle. What about some clock management in that game? Plenty of those calls to go around in that game for both. What in the world are you guys talking about SG game on a Oneida v/s Hampton thread for anyway and Why anyone on here would want to take away from a player/players that has earned every second of his career is beyond me.  He is one of the best QB’s that came thur this area is sometime. Hampton coaches and their players are to be respected, they work hard and deserve to be playing come Friday night. Good luck to both teams. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, THE KING said:

I'm going with the overconfidence as well.   Then, they were unable to overcome the initial shock of being controlled on the line.  I think panic set in on the coach when they couldn't convert their 2nd drive.  He got the penalty  and Oneida mashed them. By the time they got it together it was too late 

Agree 100 percent, Think they may have been getting ready to play Hampton. Thats not too sharp, Hampton had not even won yet and Oneida is sure not a team you can overlook. Guess a lot of people wanted to see a rematch,I'm not one of um, don't like their style of play and just don't have much respect for the program in general. Oneida ,win or lose is more up my alley.

2 minutes ago, divasnow said:

No over confident going on at SG Mr. Pujo. Hats off to Oneida, they are a good team and deserved the win! They are a Hampton but bigger and quicker! It was study to the fullest and knew it would be a battle. Myers most definitely has an Injury which would be season ending for most but not for him. If you guys on here had really been studying football over the last 6wks you would know that Myers hasn’t played defense or ran the ball since Hampton, he was on the field ever snap, in EVERY game from offensive, defensive, punter, holder, and whatever else was needed before Hampton and during Hampton (not just for Hampton). Only took 6 SNAPS for weeks after Hampton.  SG didn’t get a covid loss to GP to recover! Figured all the football Guru’s on here would have gotten that. Let’s move to the horse collar! After Myers injury which he thought it was broken and everyone else did too, was told he was done. He checked himself back into that game just like he did against Oneida on defense. He’s earned that right.  As far as plenties go Myers was called for a chop block which maybe needs to put on YouTube, the kid was carrying the ball. That’s called a tackle. What about some clock management in that game? Plenty of those calls to go around in that game for both. What in the world are you guys talking about SG game on a Oneida v/s Hampton thread for anyway and Why anyone on here would want to take away from a player/players that has earned every second of his career is beyond me.  He is one of the best QB’s that came thur this area is sometime. Hampton coaches and their players are to be respected, they work hard and deserve to be playing come Friday night. Good luck to both teams. 

Fair enough.

39 minutes ago, divasnow said:

Smaller slower sounds like a BAD matchup to me. Then again ,I highly doubt that. 

On another note ,I hate Myers got injured, From my understanding ,he is one awesome kid.

4 hours ago, pujo said:

I've heard a little more but still don't know what to think of it. Whatever the case, you guys earned the right to play Friday night.

Oneida earned it and they deserved to be playing in Rd3.  

I was told earlier in the week before the game he was good to go, and that’s why I had mentioned it in the other thread.  Most of the SG fans are not going to get on here and make excuses of why they lost and especially not use the injured player.  

I know a little more now, but it’s really not my place to blab. He’s been injured since the Hampton game.  Now the season is over he’ll be having surgery and I’ll leave that at that.

For any of you that like to watch/study film go back and watch the end of the Hampton game.  Since that game he’s not tried to scramble in any of the games afterwards and has played very very limited defense. Go back and if you can find them find his rushing & defense stats for any of the games after Hampton and your going to see that he’s not rushed maybe 10 times if that?? I don’t think he played any defense again after the Hampton game until Oneida which was very limited.  Bottom line SG knows got beat and that’s that.

I have had a chance to watch the film and if he would have been mobile or released to do what he had did in the game with Hampton and before its not a 2td win by Oneida. I’m not saying Oneida still wouldn’t have won and there’s no need to speculate. 

Oneida won and they did it by dominating their opponent. They’re a great a football and underrated. Hampton will have their hands full.  It’s a tough pick.  Maybe I’ll get back on later than in the week and chat?  I gotta head to a funeral and I’ll leave that at that as well.  Have blessed week everyone.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, pujo said:

Smaller slower sounds like a BAD matchup to me. Then again ,I highly doubt that. 

On another note ,I hate Myers got injured, From my understanding ,he is one awesome kid.

I highly dought it too. That’s just what they reminded me of. Not saying they are better or worse. I don’t make prediction, prediction are already set before Friday nights get here. We only get what God wants us to have. It will be a heck of a game as any game should be during playoffs after round 1. Hampton won’t quit, not one single player, one quality I’ve always admired.  Which maybe what the difference will be in the game. Myers is a great kid, very Humble. 

1 minute ago, Romansfive8 said:

Oneida earned it and they deserved to be playing in Rd3.  

I was told earlier in the week before the game he was good to go, and that’s why I had mentioned it in the other thread.  Most of the SG fans are not going to get on here and make excuses of why they lost and especially not use the injured player.  

I know a little more now, but it’s really not my place to blab. He’s been injured since the Hampton game.  Now the season is over he’ll be having surgery and I’ll leave that at that.

For any of you that like to watch/study film go back and watch the end of the Hampton game.  Since that game he’s not tried to scramble in any of the games afterwards and has played very very limited defense. Go back and if you can find them find his rushing & defense stats for any of the games after Hampton and your going to see that he’s not rushed maybe 10 times if that?? I don’t think he played any defense again after the Hampton game until Oneida which was very limited.  Bottom line SG knows got beat and that’s that.

I have had a chance to watch the film and if he would have been mobile or released to do what he had did in the game with Hampton and before its not a 2td win by Oneida. I’m not saying Oneida still wouldn’t have won and there’s no need to speculate. 

Oneida won and they did it by dominating their opponent. They’re a great a football and underrated. Hampton will have their hands full.  It’s a tough pick.  Maybe I’ll get back on later than in the week and chat?  I gotta head to a funeral and I’ll leave that at that as well.  Have blessed week everyone.

Good post. Hate the funeral thing.

9 minutes ago, divasnow said:

I highly dought it too. That’s just what they reminded me of. Not saying they are better or worse. I don’t make prediction, prediction are already set before Friday nights get here. We only get what God wants us to have. It will be a heck of a game as any game should be during playoffs after round 1. Hampton won’t quit, not one single player, one quality I’ve always admired.  Which maybe what the difference will be in the game. Myers is a great kid, very Humble. 

Were not gonna play a team bigger than us, they may be better but NOT bigger. Now Daniel Boone was LARGE.

11 minutes ago, pujo said:

Were not gonna play a team bigger than us, they may be better but NOT bigger. Now Daniel Boone was LARGE.

I don’t get the whole bigger thing. You guys don’t have 6’4 300 lbs linemen. Other schools might not have OL that weigh as much. I guess watching a year of college ball makes me look at OL different.

Edited by Appvol

2 hours ago, THE KING said:

I'm going with the overconfidence as well.   Then, they were unable to overcome the initial shock of being controlled on the line.  I think panic set in on the coach when they couldn't convert their 2nd drive.  He got the penalty  and Oneida mashed them. By the time they got it together it was too late 

That penalty was on their player that removed his helmet not the coach as I originally thought. 

4 hours ago, SG123171 said:

Serious question from an SG fan.  Why did Oneida fans seem to be very cautious about predicting a win over SG?  Was it just because of SG's reputation?   What I saw from Oneida was a physical and athletic team with solid RB's and a scrappy QB.  Not to mention a very motivated defense.  Did you guys underachieve in the regular season?  I'm not sure that even with a 100% healthy Myers that SG wins that game.  Oneida was too good.  Good luck to Hamptin and Oneida this week.  Should be a fantastic game.

I did give my prediction. I said if we could score 21 I thought we could win. If we had scored 21 it would’ve been an overtime game. Ask around I virtually never post a score prediction of any game. I just did not see SG scoring more than 21-24 points on us. That was my prediction.