Farrah-gut sales intwo tha Skeetur

STARSNBARS

In fairness, he wasn’t saying Maryville isn’t elite as a program, he was saying that as maryville teams go, he doesn’t think this is one of their best ones. I don’t think anyone would argue that their program is anything less than stellar. I think he just means his  statement to be comparing this  Maryville team only to other Maryville teams from previous years. 

2 hours ago, Bluegreymom said:

In fairness, he wasn’t saying Maryville isn’t elite as a program, he was saying that as maryville teams go, he doesn’t think this is one of their best ones. I don’t think anyone would argue that their program is anything less than stellar. I think he just means his  statement to be comparing this  Maryville team only to other Maryville teams from previous years. 

In fairness, a playoff game at the Black Hole is a whole lot different than a regular season game in Concord or whatever y’all call it now. The Fritz article had the team fuming. This will help us not to be thinking about Oakland. Always compliment your opponent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bluegreymom said:

We’ll be posting this also! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bluegreymom said:

This is certainly not directed at you, but I laugh at those who believe this Maryville team shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as some past teams in terms of being "elite", whatever they mean by that. 

While this Maryville team may not have a national recruit like a Douglas, Jackson, or Stewart, i really don't remember a Maryville team with as many D1-A/AA level recruits as are currently on the roster.  

If I am wrong the Maryville long timers on this forum can correct me, but I don't think I am. 

Anybody who doubts the "elite level" of Maryville either doesn't recognize what they see on the field in the first place, or they are just clueless to begin with. 

• Like 1

The majority of Maryville games are over by halftime. Six of the games on Farragut's schedule was see saw battle win or lose by just a few points but the same teams Maryville made mince meat out of those teams. No matter how good a team is there is a weak link in the chain somewhere so you can never say because we beat those teams by halftime we'll do the same with Farragut. One of the hardest things Maryville has had with Farragut in many games is putting it to bed because their coach plays his first team to the final horn letting them get back into a game with our second team players. Seen that so many times I'm tired of fussing about it. That's a big reason Farragut marched into the playoffs with a 4-6 record with players that didn't get game experience from the year before. I do enjoy playing Farragut and it wasn't until Maryville started playing them that it finally shut everyone's mouth in Knoxville that Maryville couldn't play with the big boy's, now who's the big boy's. If Maryville opens that game up at some point to 35 points bet your house that their starting QB will be in there on the last play of the game.

9 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The majority of Maryville games are over by halftime. Six of the games on Farragut's schedule was see saw battle win or lose by just a few points but the same teams Maryville made mince meat out of those teams. No matter how good a team is there is a weak link in the chain somewhere so you can never say because we beat those teams by halftime we'll do the same with Farragut. One of the hardest things Maryville has had with Farragut in many games is putting it to bed because their coach plays his first team to the final horn letting them get back into a game with our second team players. Seen that so many times I'm tired of fussing about it. That's a big reason Farragut marched into the playoffs with a 4-6 record with players that didn't get game experience from the year before. I do enjoy playing Farragut and it wasn't until Maryville started playing them that it finally shut everyone's mouth in Knoxville that Maryville couldn't play with the big boy's, now who's the big boy's. If Maryville opens that game up at some point to 35 points bet your house that their starting QB will be in there on the last play of the game.

This opinion always puzzles me. Of course teams are going to leave their starters in to try to come back or at least do the best they can. I get that Maryville often doesn’t have to play it’s starters more than 2 or 3 quarters and I think that’s remarkable and a testament to their program but that’s not an entitlement. The other team isn’t obligated to pull their 1’s so that Maryville can rest their guys and get experience for their younger ones. 

also yeah, it goes without saying that this hasn’t been one of Farragut’s best years or best teams. I’m proud of them for turning a crap season into something good but yeah, we’ve had some issues this year for sure. 

8 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

We’ll be posting this also! 

Lol this feels like manufactured drama. Literally nobody doubts Maryville’s talent or thinks that they are anything less than a powerhouse. This was one guy’s opinion. Is he right? Wrong? I have no idea, it’s one person’s opinion. I’m just saying if you are gonna amplify what he said, keep in its correct context. It feels like you want to make a big deal of minor stuff for the hype. 

10 minutes ago, Bluegreymom said:

Lol this feels like manufactured drama. Literally nobody doubts Maryville’s talent or thinks that they are anything less than a powerhouse. This was one guy’s opinion. Is he right? Wrong? I have no idea, it’s one person’s opinion. I’m just saying if you are gonna amplify what he said, keep in its correct context. It feels like you want to make a big deal of minor stuff for the hype. 

I think you are replying to sarcasm.