Gordonsville at South Pittsburg

powerp

16 minutes ago, powerp said:

According to this logic, you would also ban pregame fireworks, smoke machines, etc…

It’s called entertainment. Not all schools are lucky enough to have it.

It is logic. Entertainment is on the field and should be enough.no need for all that. Home field us advantage enough. High school sports are not circus events and shouldn’t be allowed to be. 

11 minutes ago, Dog13 said:

It is logic. Entertainment is on the field and should be enough.no need for all that. Home field us advantage enough. High school sports are not circus events and shouldn’t be allowed to be. 

Where were you when Jasper had Ridley's steam whistle blaring?  Or Gordy's Calliope?  There's many other examples including Gordy's gauntlet that the players had to go through up there in 2021.  By the way, Celina got pounded like a dog in 1985 just like last night.  Is that why your mad?

10 minutes ago, rlh said:

Where were you when Jasper had Ridley's steam whistle blaring?  Or Gordy's Calliope?  There's many other examples including Gordy's gauntlet that the players had to go through up there in 2021.  By the way, Celina got pounded like a dog in 1985 just like last night.  Is that why your mad?

I’m not mad at all. I wish our boys from Celina could have won lastnight. I want to believe I’m a sportsman and believe in sportsmanship. Your boys are very athletic and I believe the best team I’ve saw this year and the previous 4 times Celina had you all. Every Dawg has their day. We did once back in 1983 there. I believe y’all be making a trip to Celina next year. I myself don’t mind the canon as long as it don’t interfere with the game. It did lastnight by firing it on a few touchdowns way before play was over. If I were Celina’s coach I would have had play stopped and field cleared of smoke before play resumed lastnight. Wish south Pitt players best of luck throughout ret of playoffs. I hope Gordonsville brings their fireworks and their calliope next week. 

26 minutes ago, Dog13 said:

I’m not mad at all. I wish our boys from Celina could have won lastnight. I want to believe I’m a sportsman and believe in sportsmanship. Your boys are very athletic and I believe the best team I’ve saw this year and the previous 4 times Celina had you all. Every Dawg has their day. We did once back in 1983 there. I believe y’all be making a trip to Celina next year. I myself don’t mind the canon as long as it don’t interfere with the game. It did lastnight by firing it on a few touchdowns way before play was over. If I were Celina’s coach I would have had play stopped and field cleared of smoke before play resumed lastnight. Wish south Pitt players best of luck throughout ret of playoffs. I hope Gordonsville brings their fireworks and their calliope next week. 

Fireworks would be illegal.  SP may have professional fireworks done after the game.

1 hour ago, Dog13 said:

Agree to disagree. If it was up to me, I would have had a big 3” firework shell going off from the practice field after every touchdown.

28 minutes ago, powerp said:

Agree to disagree. If it was up to me, I would have had a big 3” firework shell going off from the practice field after every touchdown.

You were the first to complain about artificial noise makers in this thread by the way complaining about gordonsville and their rock shakers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dog13 said:

You were the first to complain about artificial noise makers in this thread by the way complaining about gordonsville and their rock shakers.

SP was the last perennial playoff team to have an official thing at home as I have already pointed out.  We don't take cowbells and jugs on the road.  I also pointed out about Gourdy's gauntlet in 2012.  That said, you would enjoy a playoff game especially if Celina was playing in semi at Greenback with their pickups backed in there in between the visitors. 

Really hoping we can host one of these teams in the semis.  Both programs have been to roan mountain.  Gordy in 93 and south pitt in 01.  Gordy beat us 22-8.  They scored on two slot screen plays that went for 40 + yards.  Coach lunsford tried to run this play in every game in 94 but we never could execute it right :lol: We dominated a young .500 south pitt team up here in 01.  I think it was 44-8.  

2 hours ago, powerp said:

Don’t listen to him. These boys for SP have been humbled and broken over the last year. The ones that remain on this years squad know about coming into a game over confident after hearing all week of the state game they only needed 4 plays to beat Fayetteville. They lost. They had a new coach with big time credentials that labeled this team with “all gas, no brakes” but left in the middle of the night after he threatened to do it weeks prior. This left the team with “no gas, all emergency brake.” So, they have felt discombobulated and misled. I could go on and on but the bottom line is this team is not looking over anyone. All true pirate fans know this will be a game coming down to the wire. Has SP improved dramatically since the start of the season? Yes. Some of that is getting bodies healthy. They know what type of game they are in for Friday night. Hats off to Wes and Heath for riding the ship, caring for the boys, and finding stability to patch up the ship that had holes in it at one point this season. 

All true, but for the rest of the story...I'd bet that there was a team meeting that closed the ranks and solidified "family" to those left. Nothing brings a team together like overcoming adversity, and SP has responded well to it. Best thing coach did for South Pittsburg was to sneak away.

1 hour ago, powerp said:

It’s called being sarcastic, sir. I think the louder the stadium in whatever capacity the better.

I wouldn’t complaint bout the noise as much s I was the smoke on field level and in the visitors stands after canon fire. And the firing of it during play and before whistle.