Dyersburg @ East Nashville 3A Semi-Finals

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

Just now, 0000 said:

EN offense actually moved the ball very well against riverdale. Had opportunities to score  few times mistakes just killed them

Dyersburg is honestly one of those teams that make very few mistakes. That’s why i said if your gonna beat them put them away EARLY. Bc a lead plus running that wing T with 5 different backs that can go at any time is hard to stop, along with a good defense

2 minutes ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

Dyersburg is honestly one of those teams that make very few mistakes. That’s why i said if your gonna beat them put them away EARLY. Bc a lead plus running that wing T with 5 different backs that can go at any time is hard to stop, along with a good defense

EN as scored first play last 2 games

2 minutes ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

Covington is familiar to the title game and semis in recent years they just got beat by a better Dyersburg team. Covingtons leading rusher is up for Mr football, and Dyersburg shut him down… twice 

EN as shut down 2 mr football semifinalist the last 2 weeks

4 minutes ago, 0000 said:

EN offense actually moved the ball very well against riverdale. Had opportunities to score  few times mistakes just killed them

2 minutes ago, 0000 said:

Don’t know much about Covington or Dyersburg but I know what EN is capable of

There is no doubt in my mind that East is capable. I actually think it is going to be a very good game between two really good teams. These two regions have been meeting in the semis for several years now. All the games have been really close and mistakes have been costly. I do think the team that plays cleanest (turnovers and penalties) probably wins. The fact that EN had no turnovers against White House speaks volumes. 

Dyersburg has the ability to put up points fast. Backfield is deep and it is fast and hard to take down. Passing game feeds off of play action, and is also very fast and talented. The defense has gotten better and more disciplined later in the season. Special teams is capable of taking it to the house and producing TOs. Really an all around good and disciplined team. Those two slugfests with Covington really sharpened them. If EN does not play disciplined ball, it could get ugly fast, but at the same time, if Dyersburg is playing uptight, they could struggle early. 

1 minute ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

I got no horse in this race we getting ready for tullahoma. Good luck to both teams, somebody take down that beast in Alcoa 

Good luck Haywood, I will be pulling for you guys.  TTown is my hometown area. 

They have a nice stadium,  it it is grass field.  They use to have a very good band, large band, but not as good as Mumford. 

Their Coach, John Olive, has been coaching for a long time 

• Like 1

In my honest opinion, neither team has beaten a really good team yet. Covington is pretty good but they got boat raced by a really good Haywood team. EN beat Waverly and WH but neither of those teams were really good. As far as being one dimensional, I am pretty confident Alcoa will go into a game with either team being one dimensional. If you win in the trenches and play good defense, that is what matters. As for a prediction, whoever is leading after the first quarter will win this game.  

Alcoa is the gold standard, and I cannot understand why so many people think they either cheat or something else?

Blount County is blessed to have two of the best coaches and coaching staffs in the SE United States. 

They set the bar for high school football.  I would be honored to get beat down by the best.