Semifinals - Powell at West

WestHigh4Life

West is the only team in Pals path to have the athletes to cover their receivers and play with them. The X factor is Nolen, he hurt his shoulder late against Rhea, but I assume it isn't too bad and he will play against West, He totally blew up Rhea's wing T when he was over the center and penetrating, only after he went out was Rhea able to get two late scores. It will be close, who starts fast will have an advantage, but I think West will win, Pal needs to run the ball and it looked like they had worked on that against Rhea, if they can, it sure makes it easier for Potts, West seems really on a mission as the loss to Oak Ridge at home last year in the playoffs stung them pretty good and I don't think they let it happen this year,  West 35-28.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

West is the only team in Pals path to have the athletes to cover their receivers and play with them. The X factor is Nolen, he hurt his shoulder late against Rhea, but I assume it isn't too bad and he will play against West, He totally blew up Rhea's wing T when he was over the center and penetrating, only after he went out was Rhea able to get two late scores. It will be close, who starts fast will have an advantage, but I think West will win, Pal needs to run the ball and it looked like they had worked on that against Rhea, if they can, it sure makes it easier for Potts, West seems really on a mission as the loss to Oak Ridge at home last year in the playoffs stung them pretty good and I don't think they let it happen this year,  West 35-28.

In the famous words of Aerosmith….. Dream On, Dream On…… West doesn’t have the horses on offense to stay within 3 scores of Powell…

On Nolen, I was told last night that it was just a stinger and he could have played in the 4th quarter had the game been in doubt.  He'll be fine.  

On the game on Friday, the two common opponents are Halls and Maryville.  Similar results against Halls, Powell won by 7, West Won by 8.  

Against Maryville, Powell had a little more offensive success, all be it some of it was late against Maryville's backups.  Powell lost that game 52-31, while Maryville beat West 35-7.  

Should be an interesting game, for sure, and with it being a TV game, a long game.  

16 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

Actually Rhea moved the ball pretty descent the whole second half, they did turn the ball over on downs deep in the red zone in the third quarter.  Walter didn't go out until about 6-7 minutes left in the game...  Rhea scored the first of their touchdowns about three plays after Nolen went out.

If Walter wasn't as big as he is, no one would even be talking about him.  JMO.  With that being said, he is huge and he has the ability to turn a game by just taking up 2 positions. lol.

Powell did go into a running mode to work on their running game in the second half, so, I agree with the comment that they could have scored a couple more times.

However, I don't think that Powell is in  this game past the second quarter... maybe the first.  I still hope I am wrong, and Powell pulls off the huge upset.

1 hour ago, ADS1 said:

Actually Rhea moved the ball pretty descent the whole second half, they did turn the ball over on downs deep in the red zone in the third quarter.  Walter didn't go out until about 6-7 minutes left in the game...  Rhea scored the first of their touchdowns about three plays after Nolen went out.

If Walter wasn't as big as he is, no one would even be talking about him.  JMO.  With that being said, he is huge and he has the ability to turn a game by just taking up 2 positions. lol.

Powell did go into a running mode to work on their running game in the second half, so, I agree with the comment that they could have scored a couple more times.

However, I don't think that Powell is in  this game past the second quarter... maybe the first.  I still hope I am wrong, and Powell pulls off the huge upset.

Powell pulls off the HUGE upset??? Come on ADS…. With the what Powell has at the skill and defensively, nobody in their right mind would call them an underdog.

Edited by KnoxVil
  • Like 1

What does West do well...really well....they run the ball.  Like the Rhea County game, that plays into Powell's hands.  Powell's front 4 is as good, if not the best in the state, and there LB's are very fast and physical.  West is going to have to get it done threw the air if they want to pull this one out.  JMO Either way it will be a great game and the whole city of Knoxville will be there!