2022 Henry County Patriots

BigRed88

1 hour ago, BigRed88 said:

I know I liked what I saw this early in the year against a team like Christian Brothers. I was very impressed. I think I was even more impressed by the defense. Offense will be fine, all those boys together are going to be dangerous. 

Agreed. Was really pleased with the back 7, especially in coverage. 

3 hours ago, mmb said:

1s vs 1s, it was actually a pretty dominant performance overall for the Patriots. There’s a couple of positions that have a long way to go. But when they figure it out, this team is going to be dangerous. As far as crickets, I’m also surprised at the lack of posters here from HC’s side this preseason. Don’t think it has anything to do with the scrimmage, though. The Patriots looked really good for being 6ish days in pads.

Some of the long time HC posters are missing this off-season. Maybe they’re waiting for the season to crank up. 

1 hour ago, Navy21412 said:

Looking forward to it tonight, great opportunity for MBA to scrimmage against one of the best 5A programs in the state.  I'll try to post some updates during the scrimmage.

Thanks man! Really looking forward to see how we compete with a powerhouse like MBA. I think HC fans was pleased with last week's showing against Christian Brothers but in my opinion MBA is a the real test to see where we are at. 

Just got back.  Starters played a normal game first half, and MBA “wins” 21-0. HC had all the momentum early but was undone by 2 fumbles.  HC took opening kick, advanced into MBA territory, and fumbled. MBA proceeded to go backwards and throw an int right back to them. HC put together a nice drive with some nice throwing/running but again turned it over in MBA territory. MBA settled in from there and scored on next 3 possessions and held HC to 1 first down until halftime.  HC struggled to get the run game going after first 2 possessions.  Really good looking offensive scheme for HC, just need to work some kinks out. Impressed by TE #88 had some nice tough runs after the catch. 

see you next year always a great trip to one of the states great venues at Henry County. 

15 minutes ago, Navy21412 said:

Just got back.  Starters played a normal game first half, and MBA “wins” 21-0. HC had all the momentum early but was undone by 2 fumbles.  HC took opening kick, advanced into MBA territory, and fumbled. MBA proceeded to go backwards and throw an int right back to them. HC put together a nice drive with some nice throwing/running but again turned it over in MBA territory. MBA settled in from there and scored on next 3 possessions and held HC to 1 first down until halftime.  HC struggled to get the run game going after first 2 possessions.  Really good looking offensive scheme for HC, just need to work some kinks out. Impressed by TE #88 had some nice tough runs after the catch. 

see you next year always a great trip to one of the states great venues at Henry County. 

Thank you for the update!! Looking forward to getting the season kicked off in 2 weeks! Good luck to MBA and hope y'all have a great season!