Boyd Buchanan 2022

BoydBuchBacker

6 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Gary Rankin will coach to the day he dies. He'll be a big draw for recruits. I was hoping he would end up at South Pitt with a school that has a reputation as a winner long as I can ever remember. This place either wins most of their games or loses most as it's history presents. I can't believe for the life of me why he would  get involved with a place like this.

From what I've heard he will never retire. He's obviously one of the best coaches to ever do it in Tennessee but I honestly believe it will be harder for him at Boyd than what people think not saying he won't be successful I truly believe he would be successful anywhere he goes. I just think it will take him longer to be dominant at Boyd than other places. 

4 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

True, but we will do it better than anyone!

:-D

Ah, what am I doing? It's not like he's going to read these threads anyway 

may be more info than the folks outside of South Kimbrell really needed to know .....but hay...it is 2022

Booger just sayin:wub:

16 hours ago, Hogeyebigblue said:

Rankin is not going to Boyd he can't win a state title CPA and Lispcomb rule that division 

you guys really need to start looking where DII-AA will be in 2 years.  More than likely CPA, Lipscomb, CCS, and Webb will be out of AA after next season.  Most of those should already be up in AAA.  

2 hours ago, CoachFreshwater said:

you guys really need to start looking where DII-AA will be in 2 years.  More than likely CPA, Lipscomb, CCS, and Webb will be out of AA after next season.  Most of those should already be up in AAA.  

If you take 4 teams up to AAA there is no point in having AA. Only be 10 teams left. Make the cut off 350 and have two divisions. Upper and lower.

Edited by MichaelMyers76

That should've happened from the start, but you had Meske and a CPA (or Lipscomb, I can't remember which one) representative on the board that made the classifications and set the cutoff #'s. The cutoff for DII-AAA was conveniently set just a few students above those schools so they didn't have to play the big boys. Booger knows all about their meeting :roflolk:

3 hours ago, gcapride said:

That should've happened from the start, but you had Meske and a CPA (or Lipscomb, I can't remember which one) representative on the board that made the classifications and set the cutoff #'s. The cutoff for DII-AAA was conveniently set just a few students above those schools so they didn't have to play the big boys. Booger knows all about their meeting :roflolk:

gcapride nose exactly thats right.....it was them two HC/AD from that Haslam School of Knoxville and Lipscomb School back in 2017 along with that tag along feller from The St Elmo Sword of Joshua Independent Full Pentecostal Assembly just of Broad St on Charger Drive that were in that 530 number cuttin deal

.....after they all met for that Pink Pony Pub Happy Hour Karaoke & Wet Flannel Shirt Contest down in gulf shores for the T$$AA meetin.....sumhow magically, the cutoff number had climb from 450 to 530

...and Booger tell u right now that Haslam School of Knoxville, the Presbyterians and them CCS people down in St Elmo and climbin up to get no AAA next time either

Booger just sayin image.jpeg.413d2c77627bfe74639b26bec9a968d3.jpeg

Edited by Booger

I want to lead with saying that I think collapsing the three D2 divisions into two might be a good idea but I think acting like there is some conspiracy is nonsense.  LA and CPA are not the biggest schools in D2AA, webb and chatt christian are.  and all the schools are growing so the number probably should keep moving.  the biggest school in D2AAA has almost 1500 students!  that's a big range.  

all that to say, dilfer has said he would play anyone and proved it this year by adding oakland on very short notice.  I also think they could have beaten any team in D2AAA including mccallie but we will never know.  : )  the CPA/LA rivalry is a good one and I think both teams have to move or neither but the division looks light even without 2 teams.  too many teams already make the playoffs.

• Like 1

If you look at the enrollment numbers there is a very natural split around the 350 range.

It would put 16 teams in the upper. two regions of 8 teams. Give you 7 region games. Then they would only have to beg 3 other teams to get whipped by them ( Ok maybe not St. Benedict).

It would also create a much more competitive lower division.

All these teams whining they don't have a chance to win are not winning with 3 classes.

Do you want it like Mississippi? 6 teams in a division for a state title? Too watered down.