GC vs WV

mas1821

18 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

If East Hickman beats Gibson in the semifinals, we don’t deserve to be playing in a region championship. Gibson is a bit better than East Hickman.

If that matchup occurs and I believe it will, I’m taking GC by 8 plus (closer to 15). I believe GC is a better team and I don’t think EH can handle the Harts or their pressure…IMO

Edited by LetsGoBrandon

22 minutes ago, 1983 said:

I don’t see that and I have seen Westview four times.  I have much respect for Westview and that program but I’ll take Loretto by 10 plus.  And I have much respect for Gibson County but they have really seem to struggle late in year.  I would not be surprised to see a solid East Hickman team beat them in Semifinals.

Don’t see EH beating any good team / Summertown beat them as much as they wanted to 

15 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

If that matchup occurs and I believe it will, I’m taking GC by 8 plus (closer to 15). I believe GC is a better team and I don’t think EH can handle the Harts or their pressure…IMO

I saw East Hickman at Gibson County pre-season playday and I’m not sure they have the horses to run with Gibson though I could be wrong. Taylor Holt is a good player for EH but I’m not sure they’ll beat Gibson.

Edited by GCPioneer
  • Like 1

Same game different day. GC played man to man and couldn’t guard Jada and they are still shooting wide open three’s. They can’t guard Karly man to man either. Karly would put up 40 on GC playing man to man. Don’t want to hear they can’t play zone because they would shoot them out of a zone, because these girls from Westview couldn’t get more wide open playing man. Never seen a GC team so scared and rattled. Westview is in their comfort zone right now. I  am not so sure GC gets out of the Region either. Camden beat Houston County by 17 or so and Houston County took McKenzie to the wire twice. East Hickman is a pretty good team as well. GC is playing scared and intimidated right now.. I thought GC got some momentum with Libby Goad playing PG. Adjustments have to be made playing against this zone. They are terrified of it. Never seen any thing like it. Westview is good but GC is not a good team right now. They are not mentally tough at all. I would tell the players at practice I want five girls to step out on the floor who are not scared of Westview. I have watched GC basketball for a long time and have never seen a team so intimidated and scared.

Edited by pioneer42

1 hour ago, westtn12 said:

Westview is better… with GC and Loretto being a step below. GC-Loretto matchup could be an interesting one if that happens for sub state..

Let’s speak for GC. Loretto hasn’t played Westview. And I am telling you GC can’t guard Karly Weathers either man to man. She put almost 30 on KJ White in the title game in 2019 and KJ was our best defender and did a great job. Karly might put 40-45 on a man defense. Would probably be worse than the Westview score. Loretto sets screens and runs their offense similar to Westview and has great shooters. Westview is good no doubt. But GC has made zero adjustments and keeps doing the same thing. Loretto’s 2-3 zone could give Westview all kinds of problems. Let’s don’t put Loretto in the same class as GC. 

Edited by pioneer42

Word on the street is there is alot of team tension/drama at GC and it is finally translating onto the court. You can't win against a solid team(esp like WV) without a tough teamwork mentality.  Sure the Hart sisters are great but they have to know they can't do it by themselves and involve their teammates more. From the last few games I saw, they would rather pass it to each other and get a turnover than an open man, usually one of the girls in the 4 position. If you aren't confident about your teammate, they won't be either!