Farragut William Blount fight

KnoxBball1969

30 minutes ago, BackwardsK said:

I don't disagree with any of that.   However, when you have a 13 pt lead with less than 2 min left in the game, you have to be smarter than that.   Take the "W" and let that do your talking..   

Or you know. Down 13 don't continue to harass a player after the whistle. Your logic needs to go both ways

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

Since you were so close, did you see how many or which players from Farragut left the bench?  The WB AD has claimed that 7 WB players should not have been ejected and 5 from Farragut.  I assume these would have been players on the floor that were not involved in the incident and those that remained on the bench.  

i think the whole team left the bench, but literally none made it past half court.  I honestly wasn't looking at their bench so I can not say 100% for certain

2 hours ago, ihavenofriendzz said:

I think you all are missing the point here. 

It is an arbitrary rule if only TSSAA decides and aren't consistent. Either the rule is "leaving the bench" or it isn't. Leaving the bench is leaving the bench regardless of the circumstances.

Show me Farragut players coming off the bench and taking part in the scuffle.

This entire situation should have been a double tech, maybe ejection on 12 for Farragut and 20 for WB and continue on with the game.

It's pure incompetence on the refs.

I can agree that the refs maybe mishandled the situation, but if the home (white) team's players were on the floor off camera, and the away team had almost all on the floor, who is left to play? There's no gray area in the rule, if you are playing and step on or over the out of bounds line, you're out...stands to reason that on or over the line would designate "on the floor" for the bench. I said objectively that it was not a fight, but since the officials suspended play for the altercation, TSSAA will most likely treat it the same as if everyone on the floor threw punches initially. It will shock me if either team is allowed to continue this season, and will probably have to appeal a two year probationary period and post season ban (standard punishment for altercations) if they believe that is too severe for their teams actions.

2 hours ago, ihavenofriendzz said:

BackwardsK can pretend it's all 12s fault but lets be real. Ref calls a foul quicker and WB doesn't continue harassing him and none of it happens either.

Or you could continue to blame everyone but the folks who broke the rule or were residing for the players making sure that they followed the rule. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bballfanforever said:

Or you could continue to blame everyone but the folks who broke the rule or were residing for the players making sure that they followed the rule. 

Well tssaa just kicked both teams out So the SH @ DB game just got really big

Once all heck breaks lose, let’s talk about rules. If the officials (and HS admin when it comes to sportsmanship) had been as concerned about enforcing the rules during the game as they appear to be while writing up their report, then the kids would be advancing. Call the game closer if you need to! Call some techs if you need to! Maintain control so this does not happen! 
Total failure on the part of the “officials” and their shield the T$$AA with the kids being punished. And I thought it was all about the kids!

53 minutes ago, strongx said:

Once all heck breaks lose, let’s talk about rules. If the officials (and HS admin when it comes to sportsmanship) had been as concerned about enforcing the rules during the game as they appear to be while writing up their report, then the kids would be advancing. Call the game closer if you need to! Call some techs if you need to! Maintain control so this does not happen! 
Total failure on the part of the “officials” and their shield the T$$AA with the kids being punished. And I thought it was all about the kids!

Hey now, don't go holdin adults accountable. Them kids knew the consequences. They're supposed to stay calm and composed under pressure and assault.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, strongx said:

Moaning and complaining because the officials and the State followed NFHS rules and guidelines. Get out of here.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, strongx said:

It sounds like the refs lost control of the game. They’re the ones who should be punished. If the closest ref had blown his whistle and called the reach in foul earlier, then the elbows and ensuing shoving match might not have occurred. It was an obvious failing situation at that point in the game. Why wait until something like that happens?

"ThE oFfIcIaLs LoSt CoNtRoL oF tHe GaMe!¡!¡!"

Makes sense. The players try to fight, the coaches can't control their players. Chaos ensues because of those two facts. I'm sure most the parents think their kids did nothing wrong too. But the OFFICIALS lost control??

Dude, you're a chump. 

Edited by crazzyness