AAAA State Matchups

Bump11

14 hours ago, 90warrior said:

Congrats to cookeville on a good season! You live and die by the three!

Yep not a good time to have a poor shooting day.  They were putting players in the paint an leaving us open shots.  I think we also got messed up with the blue 3pt line.  Probably 75% of our threes were behind the blue line.  That isn’t normal for most of our girls.  Congrats to Farragut and Strickland.  They did everything right.   Great season for Cookeville and the future is bright for this team.  Good luck to all the teams still playing.  Lots of great basketball being played this week.

9 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

I agree/  coaching adjustments easier if played them multiple times not the same just by watching film but got to have savvy enough coach 

Can't make adjustments when the other team is just that much better.  I said it when the tournament began.  Bearden would not be challenged and they weren't.

13 hours ago, Dadof23 said:

Can't make adjustments when the other team is just that much better.  I said it when the tournament began.  Bearden would not be challenged and they weren't.

Congrats to Bearden on the 4A Championship. Great team. Maybe WV and Bearden can hook up next year somewhere. That would be an interesting matchup and I believe WV would accept the game, if offered. Just saying. Bearden’s post had an awesome series. Congrats on the title. 

10 hours ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Congrats to Bearden on the 4A Championship. Great team. Maybe WV and Bearden can hook up next year somewhere. That would be an interesting matchup and I believe WV would accept the game, if offered. Just saying. Bearden’s post had an awesome series. Congrats on the title. 

Years ago Distrct 7AA Played 13AA. Would be awesome if we could get 7AAA along with SS WV and GC etc… to do a Thanksgiving/Christmas Classic with Upperman, LA and White County. 

15 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Years ago Distrct 7AA Played 13AA. Would be awesome if we could get 7AAA along with SS WV and GC etc… to do a Thanksgiving/Christmas Classic with Upperman, LA and White County. 

Yes it would. With Mckenzie basically bringing everyone back, you might even get them in the mix with their speed if that happened in the West. Everyone loves power matchups during the regular season, but scheduling both for girls & boys makes it difficult to put certain games on a fixed schedule. 
WV did a weekend mashup a few years back and had GC, Loretto, and Greenfield come to Westview for basically a couple of play days. It was fun and the fans loved it. 

Edited by LetsGoBrandon

23 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

GC played Oakland, Webb of Bell Buckle and Upperman in the preseason play day in Lebanon in early November. I agree I think it needs to be more of a game environment other than a running clock. Problem I think everyone has is their own Holiday Tournaments and that’s how a lot of schools make their money. Westview has a Christmas Tournament. GC has a Thansgiving and a Christmas Tournament. I do see it happening more and I think it needs to continue in some way. Do think coaches should get even more creative and figure something out. We are going across the river a bunch now in the off-season and the more the better with me. I would love to come and play a Christmas Tournament or a January Tournament at Upperman or ???. Be great for all schools.

• Like 1