A State Tournament Predictions

SavageSpeaks

6 hours ago, 731Ball said:

2021 rematch unless West Carroll can upset MAHS.

West Carroll has to get past Hampton first. I know nothing about Hampton, other than they are no stranger to state and that they have had some success there. They are usually disciplined, smart, and tough. I do know that West Carroll is talented, and will most likely have the best athlete on the floor. I also know that there are some ego's and attitude's at West Carroll, and if Hampton can frustrate them some early, things could get "interesting".

7 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

West Carroll has to get past Hampton first. I know nothing about Hampton, other than they are no stranger to state and that they have had some success there. They are usually disciplined, smart, and tough. I do know that West Carroll is talented, and will most likely have the best athlete on the floor. I also know that there are some ego's and attitude's at West Carroll, and if Hampton can frustrate them some early, things could get "interesting".

Agree. creating adversity for WC may be the key to beating them.

On 3/8/2022 at 5:34 PM, SavageSpeaks said:

West Carroll.  - They have the best player on the court in Anglin. WC by a small margin.

MAHS.  - I believe this game will get ugly. I have been wrong before before, but this MAHS team has next level next level bunnies and are relentless until they score. They will pressure the ball unlike anything East has ever faced. The pace of this game of this game will be very interesting. Only gets ugly if full on track meet imo.

Clay Co.  - Clay is just going to be a little better in this game. Good performance from Strong and Clay wins by about 10.

McKenzie.  - Yes, I know, Peabody is the favorite and by most accounts should win... But their team is up in the air at the moment and the coach doesn't have any control the that team. Meanwhile, McKenzie is playing solid team basketball and I believe pulls the upset and gets the dub. 

#SavageSpeaks 

MAHS has athletes but not a lot ton of shooting on that team but if they turn you over, Robertson won't stand a chance but if they making shots, Robertson, they can make that game interesting. MAHS is aggressive and will go for the knock out blow early if they sense that Robertson guards are shaky. They made the title game last year and this year, they might have a chance to do it again and they have done it without maybe their best overall player if not best, 2nd best player, Cameron, I forgot his last name. He enrolled early at UT for football in January and didn't play at all this year. Coach Watkins does a good job with what the group he has and they play hard for him.

On 3/10/2022 at 7:19 AM, tradertwo said:

I watched Hampton play Clay County over Christmas and I said then they would be at the state tournament. If not for Mr Basketball they would have beaten Clay. Good size decent speed guards are solid and they shoot the outside shot as well. They are a pretty good Class A team. They are well coached so this should be a good game 

2 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

I watched Hampton play Clay County over Christmas and I said then they would be at the state tournament. If not for Mr Basketball they would have beaten Clay. Good size decent speed guards are solid and they shoot the outside shot as well. They are a pretty good Class A team. They are well coached so this should be a good game 

I haven't seen them since they played Mitchell a few years back, but it was plain that the coach knew which way was up. Mitchell had some serious talent on the floor and a good coach themselves...with all due respect to the Hampton kids, they were way outmatched player for player but discipline, hustle, grit, and plain old basketball savy had them in the game late. Unless things have changed a lot at Hampton they will be a tough out for anyone, much less a team with a attitude issue's.

7 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I haven't seen them since they played Mitchell a few years back, but it was plain that the coach knew which way was up. Mitchell had some serious talent on the floor and a good coach themselves...with all due respect to the Hampton kids, they were way outmatched player for player but discipline, hustle, grit, and plain old basketball savy had them in the game late. Unless things have changed a lot at Hampton they will be a tough out for anyone, much less a team with a attitude issue's.

Yeah back when those Mitchell teams were in Class A everyone else was playing for 2nd. I remember Union City having a really good team that one year, they didn’t hardly lose a game all year, beat everyone to death  and Mitchell crushed them in the finals.  

Edited by UCSportsFan

13 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

If not for Mr Basketball they would have beaten Clay. 

I'm sure having him is a difference maker. But, you being a local of the UC, I don't think you fully appreciate how tough a task driving 4 hours to go play a team from the upper Cumberland at their house is!! That's worth a few points too. Only tougher home environments I'd even compare to that is going to Cloudland when they had strong teams, and having to travel to Sneedville.