Region 1-A Early outlook 2022

THE KING

On 12/22/2022 at 6:07 PM, THE KING said:

I'm curious about clarkrange and RBS.  Both look very good.  That's a loaded region!  

There’s no thread on this district, But to update Clay girls get huge wins on the road @RbS and a come from behind win @PickettCo. Still believe PC and CC make it to a substate game and both advance. Huge win for the Lady Landers in what sounded like a defensive clinic in the second half. Going to be a good tourney this year. Wayne Co. also looks tough and returned a lot from last year. 

42 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

There’s no thread on this district, But to update Clay girls get huge wins on the road @RbS and a come from behind win @PickettCo. Still believe PC and CC make it to a substate game and both advance. Huge win for the Lady Landers in what sounded like a defensive clinic in the second half. Going to be a good tourney this year. Wayne Co. also looks tough and returned a lot from last year. 

Coach Birchfield is a great defensive coach.  We hold teams in the 30s and 40s.  Problem is we only score in the 40s too lol

2 hours ago, THE KING said:

Coach Birchfield is a great defensive coach.  We hold teams in the 30s and 40s.  Problem is we only score in the 40s too lol

Shoulda got Ramsey in the transfer portal before the season. She’s on a pathetic team. Could REALLY be dominant and show her talent on a good team like the Landers. Oh well. What could’ve been. . 

3 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Shoulda got Ramsey in the transfer portal before the season. She’s on a pathetic team. Could REALLY be dominant and show her talent on a good team like the Landers. Oh well. What could’ve been. . 

Would be the difference in playing for the gold ball but they are loyal to the U. And I respect that 

10 hours ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

This is the Clay team that i expected.  It actually makes cloudland's loss to them look better as I feel on most nights we could compete with that district.  No offense to the lady dogs but I'm hoping they start cooling off a bit.  They've set a torrid pace this season.  The lady landers have played much tougher competition overall so I'm hoping we can hit our stride come tournament time.  This regional tournament will be the most exciting in a long time.  I'm thinking it will be a cland/hampton final to see who hosts substate.  I think its important to host it this year as going to oneida will be especially hard this season.  They are better than they were last year.  Whoever hosts will get either coalfield, harriman, or midway.  I don't think any of those teams can win at cland or hampton so its real important to host.  

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Guess the same could have been said if she would have transferred to Hampton which would have also been a closer move than Cloudland. I also agree with King and respect her decision of being loyal to her teammates. I do agree that Hampton or Cloudland would have been state championship contenders had she transferred though.

Edited by dogtruth

12 hours ago, dogtruth said:

Guess the same could have been said if she would have transferred to Hampton which would have also been a closer move than Cloudland. I also agree with King and respect her decision of being loyal to her teammates. I do agree that Hampton or Cloudland would have been state championship contenders had she transferred though.

I agree brother. Hampton definitely would have made more geographical sense. And apparently the Dogs are slightly better than the Landers atp. But who knows when it gets Real. It’s sorta sad to think that she’s the missing link on both teams weaknesses. And could be the missing piece to Gold. I’m just interested in bringing the Ball Home. No matter the team. But it is what it is. You just gotta play with what you got. Maybe it’ll work out for one team to at least make the State. Good Luck to Your Team.