West TN Top Football Programs Historically

4 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I believe the team will be much improved this season. Problem is that it may not show in the overall record. We are breaking in a new qb. He was the back up last year and just won the state championship for high jump in track and field. Was also on the state runner up bball team so he is obviously a great athlete. Lots of young guys got playing time because of all the injuries last year so that will help. Schedule is absolutely brutal with Peabody, South Gibson, Haywood, Lexington, Hardin Co, and the Stanks. So that’s why I say wins and losses may not be improved. The coach is as fine a human being as you can fine. Great young Christian man. He had several years of experience as a college assistant so he will be fine. I look forward to having him in Milan for many years to come. 

It is going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Milan and SGC with new coaching staffs.... 

We know what you are going to get with Haywood and Crockett. I am having a hard time getting a read on things. We will find out in due time I guess. 

Edited by ManOfMillions

46 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

It is going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Milan and SGC with new coaching staffs.... 

We know what you are going to get with Haywood and Crockett. I am having a hard time getting a read on things. We will find out in due time I guess. 

Crockett was really bad last year. I’m interested to see how North Side will be. They have been pretty decent the last couple of years. Will they get better or take a step back??

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Crockett was really bad last year. I’m interested to see how North Side will be. They have been pretty decent the last couple of years. Will they get better or take a step back??

Crockett was bad last year, and the players gave up in October. Allowing 35+ each in their last 4 games last season was a result of that. The issue is offense in Alamo. In their last 22 games, they only scored 30+ points just 1 time.

The two games that will determined North Side will be the Obion Central and Ripley games. They'll be underdogs to Hardin County and Covington. The Indians usually lose to games when they're underdogs heading to. They don't have the capability to pull off upsets. They only scored 20+ in 1 of their last 6 games.  Apparently they will have a new assistant coaching staff, and they do have a new principal on school property. It was a team that was bound to get exposed, and they did.

The team I'm interesting to watch is Obion Central. Heard they lost their offensive coordinator to Greenfield. When you look at their schedule, they have a chance to start the season 5-1 if everything goes well. Again, I said chance.

At some point, Crockett County and Obion Central will have to get invited to the party. Because I thought Region 7-4A struggled last year, and very well could happen this year, too.

20 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Crockett was bad last year, and the players gave up in October. Allowing 35+ each in their last 4 games last season was a result of that. The issue is offense in Alamo. In their last 22 games, they only scored 30+ points just 1 time.

The two games that will determined North Side will be the Obion Central and Ripley games. They'll be underdogs to Hardin County and Covington. The Indians usually lose to games when they're underdogs heading to. They don't have the capability to pull off upsets. They only scored 20+ in 1 of their last 6 games.  Apparently they will have a new assistant coaching staff, and they do have a new principal on school property. It was a team that was bound to get exposed, and they did.

The team I'm interesting to watch is Obion Central. Heard they lost their offensive coordinator to Greenfield. When you look at their schedule, they have a chance to start the season 5-1 if everything goes well. Again, I said chance.

At some point, Crockett County and Obion Central will have to get invited to the party. Because I thought Region 7-4A struggled last year, and very well could happen this year, too.

Region is top heavy. Only the top 2 teams in the region finished the season with a winning record. 

6 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Region is top heavy. Only the top 2 teams in the region finished the season with a winning record. 

I actually thought the league 1-4 was pretty competitive. Yes Haywood went undefeated but the hornuts gave them all they wanted in the playoffs. Milan and South Gibson went down to the wire. North Side beat South Gibson and Milan beat North Side. Very competitive. 

2 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I actually thought the league 1-4 was pretty competitive. Yes Haywood went undefeated but the hornuts gave them all they wanted in the playoffs. Milan and South Gibson went down to the wire. North Side beat South Gibson and Milan beat North Side. Very competitive. 

Nah, Milan game was not nearly as competitive as the score would indicate.

On 7/12/2022 at 1:42 PM, TryNotToSuck said:

I'm looking at Centrals schedule

You have them at chance of being 5-1 after looking at their schedule.Wonder who you have them losing to.Im guessing McKenzie.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrbigster said:

I'm looking at Centrals schedule

You have them at chance of being 5-1 after looking at their schedule.Wonder who you have them losing to.Im guessing McKenzie.

I thought the exact same thing.... The poster said there was " chance "....  Well, there is a chance that Alcoa does not win the state title this year.......