2023-2024 Four-Class Proposal Presentation

CoachT

I like the plans overall, just have to make one small change. The substate games should be on Friday/Saturday instead of Saturday/Monday. To do that, region would have to be bumped up to Monday/Tuesdays for Quarterfinals, Thursday/Friday for Semifinals and the following Monday/Tuesday for Championships. Asking teams (especially in Single A) to travel up to 5 hours one way on a Monday night is just too much to ask, as these teams could be traveling halfway across the state, instead of only covering a quarter of the state.

If they are going to make it only 4 teams that can make it state they should do it across 1-4A and if thats the case I think they should look at the Alabama model for basketball postseason its in line with the NCAA format they play games throughout the day just like march madness does and its really thought out and ran. The geography of this state might make it somewhat difficult but it can be done. They start with what they call the Area tourny which is district currently here, top two teams from the area move on to what is the round of 32 which is there regionals they combine 4 regions so 1v2 and 3v4 winners move to regional semis which they call the Sweet 16 two winners face off in the regional final/ elite 8. All these games are played at neutral site which is one of there jucos which I'm not big on that part. Then they go to the final four which would be at the glass house. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

Why do we have 6 classifications in football and 4 in other sports?  Why not the same classification for all sports?  I believe we are the only state that does this

Indiana does it too and has roughly the same number of schools we do here in TN, diff being they mix Public, Private and Charter schools together

On 8/12/2022 at 10:13 AM, Doc931 said:

If they are going to make it only 4 teams that can make it state they should do it across 1-4A and if thats the case I think they should look at the Alabama model for basketball postseason its in line with the NCAA format they play games throughout the day just like march madness does and its really thought out and ran. The geography of this state might make it somewhat difficult but it can be done. They start with what they call the Area tourny which is district currently here, top two teams from the area move on to what is the round of 32 which is there regionals they combine 4 regions so 1v2 and 3v4 winners move to regional semis which they call the Sweet 16 two winners face off in the regional final/ elite 8. All these games are played at neutral site which is one of there jucos which I'm not big on that part. Then they go to the final four which would be at the glass house. 

Going to be a lot easier to win a Gold Ball in Single A and Four A. Only have 50 or 60 teams to go through where AA and AAA has 90-100. It is not rocket science to know the Districts would be 5 at best and spread all over the state with with 83 schools a piece. Only about 6,5 teams per District with 110 teams per class and some Districts were short handed then. Bottom line is from the get go it was an avenue to make money with four classes. They knew there would be travel issues and more expenses and little Districts and scheduling issues. We all discussed this two years ago of the problems that would occur. I agree that it is a bad gig only having four teams at state but it will be less teams to go through. AA and AAA are the one’s getting the shaft here.