Preseason Poll Class 5A

NETNSportsFan

29 minutes ago, arshad221 said:

That’s all he does on here man 

I've seen...lol.  He put another "tall tale" out there that I insulted him...I'd love to see that post.  That site doesn't pretend to be a high school digest of rankings.  Instead they try to highlight players who are interested in going to the next level.  The main writer has 42k followers with the majority being athletes who send him tweets and he reposts.  Now back to the poll....

An unauthorized site listed the top 25 in the state regardless of division/class.  Only Powell is on that site's rankings.

9 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Coach Slouch and Co. Green Hills is highly overrated, Henry Co. needs to be higher. And Nolensville????? Lol who knows. Overall, this is a reasonable take I guess. 

Nolensville may not be worthy of #2 but they should be pretty good.  They didn't lose many seniors and they gave state runner-up Page plenty to handle in Round 2 last year.  And new kids keep moving into that area like crazy.  The school will probably be 6A on the next re-classification.  Agreed these polls are silly.

2 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

I dont care about the poll opinion or yours, I believe they will be higher when it is all said and done...

Springfield will be good. I'd say a top 5 or 6 team to start the season. I fully expect to see y'all in the playoffs again. Good luck to those Yellow Jackets this season. 

3 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

I've seen...lol.  He put another "tall tale" out there that I insulted him...I'd love to see that post.  That site doesn't pretend to be a high school digest of rankings.  Instead they try to highlight players who are interested in going to the next level.  The main writer has 42k followers with the majority being athletes who send him tweets and he reposts.  Now back to the poll....

An unauthorized site listed the top 25 in the state regardless of division/class.  Only Powell is on that site's rankings.

Prep Redzone Tennessee main writer is Chris Smith.. if you know who Chris Smith is you would know to never pay or read whatever is on that site lol. 

47 minutes ago, BigRed88 said:

Springfield will be good. I'd say a top 5 or 6 team to start the season. I fully expect to see y'all in the playoffs again. Good luck to those Yellow Jackets this season. 

Likewise, fully expect 2 games against you guys again this year as we will clean out that other region, our game Sept 30 should be the MyTv30 game of the week, good luck to you guys as well!

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, NETNSportsFan said:

PrepRedZone is a basically a scouting website that ranks players. So I'd say their polls are based on the talent on each team from year to year. Whether that talent translates to wins I guess remains to be seen.

Just another source for high school football exposure. It is a pay to play organization so no surprise they promote their athletes and the teams those athletes play for foremost. 

19 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

Awe y’all found love on here, cute. Not impressed with any comebacks my man. Keep trying. And also ignoring my questions.

30 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Awe y’all found love on here, cute. Not impressed with any comebacks my man. Keep trying. And also ignoring my questions.

You seem to be the one with the angry comebacks...lol.  My team?  It isn't 5A so try to keep it to the topic rather than hijack the thread like others do.  But for you...give me Green Hill as they represent the REAL Mount Juliet and not the one with the annexed towns!  The team you guys won't go .500 with over the next 10 years...and I'm counting their entire existence.:thumb:

22 minutes ago, PurplePanther said:

You seem to be the one with the angry comebacks...lol.  My team?  It isn't 5A so try to keep it to the topic rather than hijack the thread like others do.  But for you...give me Green Hill as they represent the REAL Mount Juliet and not the one with the annexed towns!  The team you guys won't go .500 with over the next 10 years...and I'm counting their entire existence.:thumb:

Lol notice how you had to use a time span of 10 years. WE WILL BEAT THEM THIS YEAR. Mark my words. As for you, no point in back to back. I have much better things to I need to occupy my time with….and  Hijack… lol if I didn’t have a clown to go back and fourth with I’m sure I would’ve left a long while ago.