McKenzie at Huntingdon

footballover

40 minutes ago, Bulldog89 said:

I agree. When you get that far in playoffs everybody has good players maybe not D1 but good. So if you don’t win the battle up front it usually doesn’t matter how good you are. You can still be a D1 player and just not have the opportunity to show it sometimes.

A true d1 running back is a freak of nature. He has the physical attributes I just think he would be used elsewhere. It’s rare to be a good qb or runningback. It’s even rarer to be a d1 qb or running back. Think about how many starting d1 qbs or running backs there are each year in college. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tide21 said:

A true d1 running back is a freak of nature. He has the physical attributes I just think he would be used elsewhere. It’s rare to be a good qb or runningback. It’s even rarer to be a d1 qb or running back. Think about how many starting d1 qbs or running backs there are each year in college. 

I was trying to think of running backs that came from this area that actually started and played for a D1 school. All the ones I could think of ended up playing defense in college. I’m sure there are some I just can’t remember

10 hours ago, horse said:

He’s fast but never been that impressed with with him. South Pitt shut him down last year. D1 players in 1a should be unstoppable. He’s not 6’0 180 as advertised. 

10 hours ago, Bulldog89 said:

I agree. When you get that far in playoffs everybody has good players maybe not D1 but good. So if you don’t win the battle up front it usually doesn’t matter how good you are. You can still be a D1 player and just not have the opportunity to show it sometimes.

I see him more of a slot/db. He has speed, good hands, and can make you miss.  If he is in slot, you play normal depth of 8 to 10 yards, he will kill you on the slant.  If you play bump, he gets a step, he has you.  You almost have to have a safety to cheat to help cover him.  If that is the case, Cassidy will look off and hit someone else.  

He is 6’. I am 6’ and we are eyes to eyes.  As far as 180, I don’t carry scales around with me.  

2 hours ago, RexKwonDo said:

I was trying to think of running backs that came from this area that actually started and played for a D1 school. All the ones I could think of ended up playing defense in college. I’m sure there are some I just can’t remember

The last one I remember is Donald from Huntingdon, and well that didnt work.  Honestly, I am not sure TN was going to use him as a RB.  Croppy, do you know?

3 hours ago, RexKwonDo said:

I can’t name any. Cordarrian Richardson was recruited as runningback but has never started played some has transferred few times. I’m not sure what he is doing now. 
Ty Simpson but he hasn’t been qb1 yet. I guess we will see what he does. 

23 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I can’t name any. Cordarrian Richardson was recruited as runningback but has never started played some has transferred few times. I’m not sure what he is doing now. 

I am really interested in seeing how Simpson develops. 

33 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I mean if we're counting Memphis they have plenty. But the last guy I can think of to get recruited and play an offensive "skilled position" in D1 was Milan's current HC Carr.

41 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Ummm really sir ? Ever heard of Jared Dickson ?