Mairvul heds ovur two Emree Rd.

STARSNBARS

30 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Murvul Coach will take it easy on Plow and play the youngsters for sure.  I say 28-10 Rebs.

Maryville will score more than 28, but Derek won't let it get too high.  

And I expect Powell to come out and keep it a game for a quarter/quarter and a half.  They will play with a lot of emotion early on and there is still a lot of talent there.  How long they can keep that emotional high is questionable, however.  

And this isn't one of Maryville's better defensive teams, especially in the secondary.  If Green and Redmond can make a play or two, who knows?  

45 minutes ago, Bravey said:

Powell has no defense and the recruiter is gone ..  back down the hill for Powell . The Rebs will score at will ...  49 -7 ...Rebs 

Don't be so sure the cupboard is going bare.  Matt is still a guy a lot of youngsters and their parents want in a football coach. .  

But Friday will be a tough assignment for the young QB and defensive front 7. Maryville has an awesome, stable of running backs. 

On 8/21/2022 at 4:49 PM, HTV said:

Yep.  Apparently turned out to be a separated AC and not torn.  Haven't heard the degree of separation, which will determine how long he's out.  But again, from what I understand, a separation means no surgery and it can be treated with rehab, which is obviously a good thing. 

Powell is a completely different team without him.  The sophomore backup is a bright kid, but he just doesn't have the ability to extend plays like Potts does.  

And as you said, the Powell defense is not very good right now, especially against the run between the tackles.  Vaughan and LaDue could have big nights.  

Even a separation requires weeks of rehab. Great news that no surgery and he'll recover with his age. Don't look to see him anywhere near what we've seen in the past. My oldest separated their shoulder and it was 10 weeks of rehab and that was no playing as it was offseason. His could be less but it won't be a simple recovery. 

• Upvote 1

So I hate to be "that guy", but I am going to have to cancel my planned off site tailgate for Thursday, but as much as I like you guys family comes first.  My daughter's sitter has had something come up, so Gramp's Day Care is going to be open for business on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.  And there is no way I can get things ready with 3 year old and 21 month old toddler boys wanting my attention all day.  

But give me a rain check.  I'll check with Floyd The Barber and see when a good home game to prepare some goodies and bring them to you guys at his place for a pre game.  

Given that it's a Thursday game this week it was going to be tough for some of you to get here, anyway, so it probably is going to work out for the best.  

Sorry, but it's unavoidable.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HTV said:

So I hate to be "that guy", but I am going to have to cancel my planned off site tailgate for Thursday, but as much as I like you guys family comes first.  My daughter's sitter has had something come up, so Gramp's Day Care is going to be open for business on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.  And there is no way I can get things ready with 3 year old and 21 month old toddler boys wanting my attention all day.  

But give me a rain check.  I'll check with Floyd The Barber and see when a good home game to prepare some goodies and bring them to you guys at his place for a pre game.  

Given that it's a Thursday game this week it was going to be tough for some of you to get here, anyway, so it probably is going to work out for the best.  

Thanks HTV. Family comes first.  I was gonna have to miss because of the Thursday game, maybe we can make it happen at a home game. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, HTV said:

HTV we unnurstaind....Eye wuz sortee wurried abowt momma gettin out thair and gettin....uhh........fully envolved......If'un ewe kno whut eye meen.......:hungry:

21 hours ago, HTV said:

No worries gramps! We will catch ya on the flipside. Gotta take care of those little mini me's