Huntingdon at Jackson South Side

footballover

I will admit at times our coaching does leave me scratching my head (like kicking the ball to Taylor to open the game) but to be fair I personally think our coaches have done their best work over the last two seasons. Coaching didn’t cost us the McKenzie game, better athletes and more speed did. I’m not a practice but it’s pretty easy to see that Flowers is our best ball carrier, put him and Leavitt at the wing positions and let them eat. Put Warbritton at a slot and use him to loosen up defenses by throwing the quick outs, slants, etc.

10 hours ago, MustangGuru said:

Totally agree with you. For him to say that we lost to Mckenzie because of coaching is ignorant. I do agree with him saying that coaching has indeed been an Achilles heel for some time. This year the cold hard truth is we are just not as talented as as our former years.  Experience and youth this year is our biggest weakness. 

Rivers, being out for the season, Mota quitting the team, Ashton Hutcherson injuring himself during a game of Volleyball during school.. them not being on the field for us right now is a killer! Eubanks, and Skippy are more than capable, fast enough, tough enough, and talented enough to carry the load for the team , but the lack of experience on the O LINE, has them running for their life every play so far. 

I do believe that we will defeat South Side this week, but I believe it will be a game that comes down to the last quarter and low scoring. 

we are in for a tough season fellas, could be 8-2 just as easily as we could be 5-5 this year. Nevertheless, lets rally around our boys, our coaches and support them as best as we can ! 

Definitely not blaming everything on the coaches but they chose the slow paced offense that we run. Getting behind is not an option especially with a team as good as McKenzie. The loss of good players will also hurt but I agree we are young and a tough group of boys.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mustang1969 said:

I will admit at times our coaching does leave me scratching my head (like kicking the ball to Taylor to open the game) but to be fair I personally think our coaches have done their best work over the last two seasons. Coaching didn’t cost us the McKenzie game, better athletes and more speed did. I’m not a practice but it’s pretty easy to see that Flowers is our best ball carrier, put him and Leavitt at the wing positions and let them eat. Put Warbritton at a slot and use him to loosen up defenses by throwing the quick outs, slants, etc.

Huntingdon didn’t even know how to line up on the opening kickoff,so I’m sure they didn’t know who they  where kicking to. I’d say that falls on coaching Can’t say I ever seen this offense throw to the slot,all passes go to the backs or tight ends. 

22 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

I think the biggest issue is Eric never makes adjustments to his personnel.  He has had some fantastic arms at the QB spot, fast receivers, and with more than a adequate line to set up and throw.  Yet, it is the same old magic show in the backfield, and when they have to throw, it is too late. 

I disagree there, Huntingdon QB's over the years have had okay arms at best and not many were very accurate on the run. I'm sure the best passing performance you'll find over the last 7-10 years was probably the freshman last year against Peabody. These all seem like excuses though especially when you consider their playbook is just as thin as union citys. For the past decade plus you know exactly what UC is going to run and most teams still can't stop it. 

2 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I disagree there, Huntingdon QB's over the years have had okay arms at best and not many were very accurate on the run. I'm sure the best passing performance you'll find over the last 7-10 years was probably the freshman last year against Peabody. These all seem like excuses though especially when you consider their playbook is just as thin as union citys. For the past decade plus you know exactly what UC is going to run and most teams still can't stop it. 

Let me clarify, he has had the opportunity to showcase some fantastic arms at QB, but chose not to because of the style of offense they run. When you don't practice the pass, because it is not part of your plan, then you won't be effective on the run.  Agree on their playbook.  They got like 6 plays and only run 3 of them.  

2 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

You don’t have clue when it comes to Huntingdon football. There has been several qbs from Huntingdon with strong and accurate arms the last few years. They just haven’t been used for passing. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

Let me clarify, he has had the opportunity to showcase some fantastic arms at QB, but chose not to because of the style of offense they run. When you don't practice the pass, because it is not part of your plan, then you won't be effective on the run.  Agree on their playbook.  They got like 6 plays and only run 3 of them.  

I got what you're saying I just disagree. I haven't seen any fantastic arms at Huntingdon.