UC Tornado’s welcome USJ to Tornado Alley

Tornado82

11 hours ago, Tornado82 said:

The ability to offer financial aid ( Scholarships) to top athletes from anywhere whom normally could not afford a private school. It’s a recruitment tool. Either way like I said it doesn’t matter. See you in Tornado Alley Friday!!!!!! 

This is kinda funny coming from a Union City fan. If you think Goodyear was never used as a recruitment tool you’ve been under a rock. Amazing athletes family’s just really loved what beautiful Union City had to offer in great restaurants, entertainment and quality of living. 

Edited by Waker
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Waker said:

This is kinda funny coming from a Union City fan. If you think Goodyear was never used as a recruitment tool you’ve been under a rock. Amazing athletes family’s just really loved what beautiful Union City had to offer in great restaurants, entertainment and quality of living. 

Whatever Goodyear has been closed forever and was closed before we ever won our 2nd State Championship. If that was the case we would have had more that 4 State Championships. But I have no issue playing USJ ,don’t mean I like the private school rules. 

12 minutes ago, Tornado82 said:

Whatever Goodyear has been closed forever and was closed before we ever won our 2nd State Championship. If that was the case we would have had more that 4 State Championships. But I have no issue playing USJ ,don’t mean I like the private school rules. 

Right they talking like y’all got a Aluminum factory or something , gawsh! Now I will say UC is the biggest town I have ever seen playing 2 A ball with 1 city highschool, but lots of weird things factor in to that I believe ! Troy being the main thing, and lots of homeschool kids ! UC can lose this game and it won’t change my opinion about the Gold Ball chances this year, I told GoldDoc while we was at Lake vs UC game get ready cause this looks a lot like the 2017 Twisters with more speed ! Will a stellar passing team hurt UC of course but name one in 2 A right now !? I’ll wait ! The Bruins will be by far the most complete team UC will see ! I think you could say this will be a pick ‘em !!!

34 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Right they talking like y’all got a Aluminum factory or something , gawsh! Now I will say UC is the biggest town I have ever seen playing 2 A ball with 1 city highschool, but lots of weird things factor in to that I believe ! Troy being the main thing, and lots of homeschool kids ! UC can lose this game and it won’t change my opinion about the Gold Ball chances this year, I told GoldDoc while we was at Lake vs UC game get ready cause this looks a lot like the 2017 Twisters with more speed ! Will a stellar passing team hurt UC of course but name one in 2 A right now !? I’ll wait ! The Bruins will be by far the most complete team UC will see ! I think you could say this will be a pick ‘em !!!

Best aluminum foil you’ll ever use… if anyone with a big, fast kid was thinking of moving to Huntingdon. 

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

When you play 2a and get to cherry pick your athletes from a 4a population that certainly don't hurt you!

53 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

What's the population of Union City? Do Obion Co buses run in Union City? 

9000 population.  County does run busses in the City Limits of U C.  Also, there are 3 high schools in Obion County, not 2. And, for that matter, why does trenton play 1A, McKenzie play 1a and Huntingdon play 2a. Henry county plays 5a.  They have only one high school in their county.  It is what it is. We play usj and teams like such to prepare our kids.  Personally, I feel public and private should not cross over and play one another in schedule game fillers.  Now, if Henry county wants to play usj, then go ahead.  The Tornadoes wil be fine. Our focus is region teams, mainly Westview and Huntingdon. Go U C

8 minutes ago, Tornadopride said:

9000 population.  County does run busses in the City Limits of U C.  Also, there are 3 high schools in Obion County, not 2. And, for that matter, why does trenton play 1A, McKenzie play 1a and Huntingdon play 2a. Henry county plays 5a.  They have only one high school in their county.  It is what it is. We play usj and teams like such to prepare our kids.  Personally, I feel public and private should not cross over and play one another in schedule game fillers.  Now, if Henry county wants to play usj, then go ahead.  The Tornadoes wil be fine. Our focus is region teams, mainly Westview and Huntingdon. Go U C

Please stop. USJ is not world beaters. They're a good solid team that has a chance to win at Union City. Does Union City have a chance to win as well? Yes. But USJ is not on Henry County's, Haywood, and Hardin County's level. Union City's non-district schedule includes: Lake County, USJ, TCA, Ripley, and Liberty. Lake County is running a reality TV show, TCA is extremely young. Liberty is in a full blown rebuild (which is nice for Union City because they can say they'll beat a 4A team. A bad one), USJ is good, and Ripley has a slow it down offense. So don't sit there and say y'all are preparing your team. Your schedule is no where near the schedule that North Side and Henry County has.

I find the complaints on this thread about private schools recruiting very misleading.  first of all, plenty of public schools bring in talent just like private schools including alcoa, maryville, oakland, etc and as far as I know it's all above board.  being able to offer financial aid only lowers the barrier of entry for private schools and does not necessarily tilt it in their favor.  here in the nashville area players leave private schools to go to public schools an hour away.  a 2nd string QB left lipscomb to play at riverdale because it was a good fit for him.  good for him.  another kid left ensworth to go to oakland.  good for him.

please note I did not say recruit.  I am not aware of teams actually recruiting.  private school coaches are not allowed to talk to a player until that player has contacted admissions first.  it is attraction rather than promotion.

I think the advantage a private school has, which is still a good reason for the separation, is the amount of good athletes you can have for your school size.  lipscomb academy k-12 has an enrollment of 850 but can field a team comparable to oakland with an enrollment of 2300 in grades 9-12.  

it's fine to not like private schools but let's be straight about the pro's and the con's.  I personally love lipscomb playing public schools with comparable programs.  it's just good competition.  I just wish more of them agreed so lipscomb wouldn't have to travel so far for a game.

8 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Please stop. USJ is not world beaters. They're a good solid team that has a chance to win at Union City. Does Union City have a chance to win as well? Yes. But USJ is not on Henry County's, Haywood, and Hardin County's level. Union City's non-district schedule includes: Lake County, USJ, TCA, Ripley, and Liberty. Lake County is running a reality TV show, TCA is extremely young. Liberty is in a full blown rebuild (which is nice for Union City because they can say they'll beat a 4A team. A bad one), USJ is good, and Ripley has a slow it down offense. So don't sit there and say y'all are preparing your team. Your schedule is no where near the schedule that North Side and Henry County has.

Talking about a schedule to prepare you. Huntingdon already played McKenzie, got Riverside, Milan, Peabody and Westview before we finish off with the Tornado's. Pray for us.